setStandardWidth

setStandardWidth does not seem to work with Excel 2003, whereas it works fine with 2007 and Open Office 3.2.

Has anyone also noticed that?

Hi,

Could you paste your code and sample file here to reproduce the issue. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

The code is in Ruby using RJS as a Java Bridge.

Anyway the syntax is simple and as you can see, the document is very basic.

My first post has been edited : it does not work on Excel 2003, but works on 2007 and Open Office.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample code with template file.

We will investigate your issue and get back to you soon. Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-18042.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have checked your attached template file, the column width is just the same as what he has set in your code, that is, 14 characters. We tested the file into MS Excel 2003 and MS Excel 2007, both show the same results (i.e. 14.00).

Thank you.

Hi,

I think we can find the issue if we set the standard columns width to 14 and save the Excel file as XLSX, the columns width comes as 13.29 and not 14.00. We will fix the issue soon and give you the supported version here.

Thank you.

Hi

Here are two screenshots: the first with Excel 2003, the second with 2007.

Hi,

Thanks for providing the screen shots.

As this issue has been logged, you will be notified once there is an update on the issue. We are thankful for your cooperation.

Best Regards

Hi,

With the new fix(attached), we can get the correct resultant
file here. The standard column width is 14 for both xls and xlsx
files.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18042) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.