Setting a hidden expression on the row groups hides ALL detail

The ASPOSE .WORD SSRS (docx) export is hiding the entire detail of the table when setting the hidden expression in the “Row Groups” section. When setting it on the row properties on the table its fine however this is not work the same way as SSRS exports (and html preview). SSRS normal export will hide only the specific row required.

see attached report.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please use select statement to populate the data inside your RDL file and share that RDL file with us for investigation purposes. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information. It would be great if you please share the output document showing the desired behavior.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>
	<DataSet Name="DataSet1">
		<Query>
			<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>
			<CommandText>
				select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label
				union all
				select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label
				union all
				select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label
				union all
				select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label
			</CommandText>
		</Query>
		<Fields>
			<Field Name="value">
				<DataField>value</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
			<Field Name="label">
				<DataField>label</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
		</Fields>
	</DataSet>
</DataSets>

see attached

Hi Neil,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSRPT-143 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-143) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.