Setting Cell Style in Bulk Import

I’m attempting to import a lot of cells at once using the ImportDataToWorkbook method call found in the API. I am able to pull the data in right now using the CellValue object to specify the row, column, type and value. This is working as expected. I want to expand on this to be able to set the style of the cells (or any other cell specific modifications) as well as part of this import call. I feel like there should be a definition for the import data file (XML or C# data objects) somewhere on the forums or in the docs, but I can’t seem to be able to locate it. Could someone point me in the right direction there or post the definition for what can be passed into the ImportDataToWorkbook: WorkbookImportOption

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

Do you want to set the styles of multiple cells in a single post back? For example, if there are cells A1, B4, C6, D7 and do you want to set the style of all these cells in a single operation.

Please clarify your requirements in more detail so that we could investigate it and help you asap. Thanks for your cooperation.

To bulk update cells in single operation, we recommend you to see this post/thread and download the runnable project attached with the post.

( Create Excel file from XML/JSON payload )

Yes, I want to bulk update a bunch of cells at once. I already had reviewed the post you attached and already had this part working, but what is the proper XML structure to include style information into these. I assume I should be able to add that information in this element, right?

string
Test

What is the appropriate format for the style elements? Things like, background color, font - bold, font - size, forecolor, cell borders? I don’t see a definition for how these objects are to be included in this xml or what they are named, etc. Since I get 100 test operations in the cloud test account I can only afford so many trial-and-error fail attempts before I can’t make any more progress, so I need some direction as to what the API is expecting in this bulk import to make it work. If you can point me to some documentation that explains it that would be sufficient too, but I find it difficult to find (and haven’t found anything for this).

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Cloud.

We are afraid, this functionality of bulk setting styles of the cells is not available. Let us know if you want us to add this feature request in our database.

However, you can set the style of individual cell or a range of cells.

Please see these REST APIs taken from the following link.

( http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/help )

cells/{name}/worksheets/{sheetName}/cells/style?range={range}&appSid={appSid}&storage={storage}&folder={folder}
Update cell’s range style.

cells/{name}/worksheets/{sheetName}/cells/{cellName}/style?appSid={appSid}&storage={storage}&folder={folder}
Update cell’s style.

Really? Bummer, that seems like it would be a normal part of that API so that those attributes could be sent along with the other cell data when doing a bulk update.

Yes, please add this to your feature list database as something that would be really useful. Seems that making these formatting individually is going to result in A LOT of calls to the cloud in order to complete if there are very many.

I’ll take a look at the other option for now, but I’m not sure it is going to be a good solution given the amount of formatting we would like to be able to do on the file.

Is there a way I can be notified if and when this feature is added to the system? Any idea what kind of time frame we would be talking about before something like that might be available? I really like the tools that you guys make available, but this type of limitation could make it cost prohibitive to do something complex like we would like to be able to do.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions about how we could maybe solve this issue using your product that wouldn’t require us to make a whole bunch of individual cloud API calls.

Thanks!

Hi,

Sure, we will log a New Feature request for this issue and attach this thread with the logged issue. Once, the issue will be resolved, you will get an automatic notification in this thread that your issue is resolved and you will also get an email notification in your inbox.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells for Cloud.

In order to support this feature in Aspose.Cells for Cloud, we have logged a New Feature
request in our database. We will evaluate it and implement this feature
if possible. Once, there is a fix available for you or if there is any
other update, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• SAASCELLS-108 - Setting Cell Style in Bulk Import

Hi,

We have closed this issue as fixed.

Please see the following document resource for your needs. Let us know your feedback.

( https://docs.aspose.cloud/cells/tr/import/with-using-storage/ )

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SAASCELLS-108) have been fixed in this update and deployed to live service.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.