Setting font bold with Client Side Code

Hi,

I have an application wherein i have added a and on click to it, the selected cells in the grid will turn to bold i.e bold text. It works smoothly for me, but the only problem is that page gets refreshed as it is server side. Cannot i have the same thing client side. If yes, please guide me. Cannot i have basic functions operated throught client side code so that page refresh occurs as minimum as possible. I already have a license of aspose.grid.web.

Regards

Ankit

Hi,

The control doesn't support changing font style at the client-side by far. But the latest version 1.7.4 has a new feature "SmartNavigation". With this feature, the control post back in the background and update the grid's content smoothly. The end user will not see the page refreshing. I wish this feature helps.

BTW, to enable this feature, make sure that the GridWeb.EnableSmartNavigation property is True.

Hi,

I already have GridWeb.EnableSmartNavigation property set to True. See what my problem is i have a button which will set the selected Cells to Bold. Now even with SmartNavigation set to true it gets refresehed. If you can provide me an example without page refresh with SmartNavigation it would be nice.

Thanks

Ankit

Hi,

The attachment is a demo about how to use image buttons with the grid's SmartNavigation feature. It uses a custom command event handler.

Hi,

Can you please post in with VB instead of C#.

Regards

Ankit

Hi,

VB demo.

Hi,

I think the page is still refreshing.

Regards

Ankit

Hi,

Yes, it still post back. But the post back is processed at the background.

Hi,

Isnt their any way to have client side operations. I dont want page refresh, cannot you provide some options in AJAX.

Regards

Ankit

Hi,

Here is the client-side programming guide:

The control doesn't support ajax by far. We are researching this technology. We need several months to implement this feature.