Setting header and document properties and then saving results in corrupted Word document

Modifying a document and then resaving is somehow corrupting the document. This only happens occasionally, so I guess it is only triggered by documents with certain features or characteristics (unknown at this time).

I have attached a document for you to experiment with. In our code, we open this document and then insert a new header, and then reset all of the document's properties. Then we save the document and move it to a new folder on the web server.

string OurFolder = HostingEnvironment.MapPath("~/tempupload/");
Document doc = new Document(OurFolder + DocumentName);
DocumentBuilderbuilder = new DocumentBuilder(doc); builder.PageSetup.DifferentFirstPageHeaderFooter = false; builder.PageSetup.OddAndEvenPagesHeaderFooter = false; builder.MoveToHeaderFooter(HeaderFooterType.HeaderPrimary); builder.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = ParagraphAlignment.Center; builder.Font.Name = "Arial";
builder.Font.Underline = Underline.Single; builder.Font.Size = 10;

<br><br>builder.Writeln("New Header That We Inserted");</font></p><p><font size="2" face="Courier New">doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Title = "";
            <br>doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Subject = "";
            <br>doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Author = "";
            <br>doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Manager = "";
            <br>doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Company = "Our Company Name";
            doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Category = "";
            <br>doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Keywords = "Law School Document";
            doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Comments = "";
            <br>doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.LastSavedBy = "Our Company Name";</font></p><p><font size="2" face="Courier New">doc.Save(OurOtherFolder + DocumentName);</font></p><p><font size="4" face="Tahoma">At this point, if you try and open the document with Word, you are unable to open it and get this error: "The file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents."</font></p>
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.0.0 and let us know your findings then.

Best Regards,