Setting LightAngle value corrupts excel file using the latest Aspose.Cells

Hi,

When I set Format3D.LightingAngle value of ShapeProperties in chart series using Aspose.Cells 17.3.0, the excel file got corrupted. This didn’t happen with previous version 8.9.0.

Code:

var book = new Workbook(@“test.xlsx”);

Worksheet sheet = book.Worksheets[0];

sheet.Charts[0].NSeries[0].ShapeProperties.Format3D.LightingAngle = 0;

book.Save(@“testout.xlsx”);

I’ve attached the test file I’m using and the output files from 17.3.0 and 8.9.0. You can find test17.3.0.xlsx is corrupted and cannot be opened while test 8.9.0 is fine.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description. The latest version corrupts the excel file but older version works fine.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45260 - Setting LightAngle value corrupts excel file

C#
var book = new Workbook(@“test.xlsx”);
Worksheet sheet = book.Worksheets[0];
sheet.Charts[0].NSeries[0].ShapeProperties.Format3D.LightingAngle = 0;

book.Save(@“testout-” + CellsHelper.GetVersion() + “.xlsx”);

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45260 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.3.6 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.3.6 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45260) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.