Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Setting shape data1 does not seem to have effect after saving

I'm evaluating the apose diagram 6.8.0 library for java.

I use difficult drawings, which I can perfectly make with visio, which are foreseen of a lot of "data1" values which are used in the formula of a shape.

I can perfectly set the data1 values and this value is kept BUT the screen value (nor pdf) is updated after saving.

See also issue 10 on github.

I created a testcase to show my problem.

In use the attached "diagram test shapes in.vsdx" as input.
I use code:

Diagram diagram = new Diagram("example-data/diagram test shapes.vsdx");
Shape shape = diagram.getPages().getPage(0).getShapes().getShape(1);
shape.setData1("Somers");

shape = diagram.getPages().getPage(0).getShapes().getShape(7);
shape.getText().getValue().setWholeText(“Gerd”);

diagram.save(“runtime/diagram test shapes.pdf”, SaveFileFormat.PDF);
diagram.save(“runtime/diagram test shapes.vsdx”, SaveFileFormat.VSDX);

The explanation about the fields is in the visio diagram itself.

<p style=“box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 16px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, “Segoe UI”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, “Apple Color Emoji”, “Segoe UI Emoji”, “Segoe UI Symbol”; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>I prefer to work with the data1 approach.

Hi Ronny,

Thank you for posting in the forum thread. We have linked your post to these tickets:

DIAGRAMJAVA-50422: Output VSDX - Can’t modify the text of shape on changing Data1, Data2, and Data3 properties
DIAGRAMJAVA-50423: Output PDF - Can’t modify the text of shape on changing Data1, Data2, and Data3 properties
DIAGRAMJAVA-50424: Output PDF - Can’t modify the text of shape from another shape text

We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Hi Ronny,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID's DIAGRAMJAVA-50422, DIAGRAMJAVA-50423 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50424 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then their fixes will be included in the next version 6.9.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50422;DIAGRAMJAVA-50423;DIAGRAMJAVA-50424;DIAGRAMJAVA-50422;DIAGRAMJAVA-50423;DIAGRAMJAVA-50424) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 16.10.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

I can confirm that my problem is solved and the formulas are correctly evaluated.

The new version number is strange to me. You go from 6.8.0 to 16.10.

Hi Ronny,

To keep the version numbers (for the APIs) straightforward / simple and clear to the users, later on, we decided to re-organize the scheme. From now onwards, we will follow the following version number scheme for better organization:

yy.mm.hotfix (if exists and other than 0)

Take an example of the new version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET (16.10.0) which is published in the last week. Here, 16 would refer to the current year, 10 refers to the current month (in which the product is released), 0 refers to it is not a hotfix. Please note and suppose, if we publish another version of the product in the recent month, then that version number would be: 16.10.1 (here 1 denotes that it’s first hotfix).

We hope, you understand it now.