Setting Transparency of Placeholder Text with Picture Fill

Hi, is there a way to programmatically set the transparency of a frame? (the equivalent of the uploaded picture). I have a text place holder on a layout that is filled with a picture. occasionally, on presentation slides, this needs to be adjusted to be 10% transparent
Screenshot 2021-09-23 095646.png (13.2 KB)

Thanks

@JamesDriscoll,
Thank you for posting the query. So that I can make sure I understand you correctly, could you please share a presentation file with an example of the text placeholder you mentioned?

example.zip (83.6 KB)

@JamesDriscoll,
Thank you for the shape example. Unfortunately, I have not found the ability to change the transparency of the picture filling the shape. I logged the issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38638 in our tracking system. Our development team will consider this feature. We will inform you of any progress.

@JamesDriscoll,
Our development team investigated the issue. To set transparency for the filling picture, please use the next code example:

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(folderPath + "example.pptx");

for(IShape shape : presentation.getSlides().get_Item(1).getShapes())
{
    if (shape instanceof IAutoShape)
    {
        IAutoShape picture = (IAutoShape)shape;

IImageTransformOperationCollection operationCollection = picture.getFillFormat().getPictureFillFormat().getPicture().getImageTransform();
        for (int i = 0; i < operationCollection.size(); i++)
        {
            if(operationCollection.get_Item(i) instanceof AlphaModulateFixed)
            {
                AlphaModulateFixed alphaModulate = (AlphaModulateFixed)operationCollection.get_Item(i);
                float currentValue = 100 - alphaModulate.getAmount();
                System.out.println("Current value: " + currentValue);

int alphaValue = 40;
                alphaModulate.setAmount(100 - alphaValue);
            }
        }
    }
}

presentation.save(folderPath + "example_out.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);

API Reference: AlphaModulateFixed Class, ImageTransformOperationCollection Class

1 Like