Settings Properties During Word To PDF Conversion

Our application converts word to pdf documents for a county medical examiner office. There are several types of word documents that get converted, such as autopsy reports, chemistry lab reports and death certificates.

1. Is there a property that I can set during the conversion process to the type of document that was converted?

2. If so, can I then check this property using Aspose.Pdf?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. In this case, I think you can use BuiltInDocumentProperties.Title. Please see the following code:

// Open document.

Document doc = new Document("Test.docx");

doc.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Title = "TestTitle";

// Save output document

doc.SaveToPdf("out.pdf");

Aspose.Words starting from 6.0.0 supports direct conversion to PDF (without using Aspose.Pdf). See the following link for more information:

https://blog.aspose.com/2008/12/12/converting-word-documents-to-pdf-with-aspose-words

Best regards,

Once I set the Title property and do the conversion, is there a way to check the Title property in the pdf file?

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. You can get PDF document title using Aspose.Pdf.Kit. Please see the following link for more information:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf.kit-for-.net/aspose.pdf.kit.pdffileinfo.html

Best regards.

One more question:

Is there a way to open a pdf document and search for text?

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. I think, you can achieve this using Aspose.Pdf.Kit. So I will move your request into the Aspose.Pdf.Kit forum. My colleagues will answer you shortly.

Best regards.

Hi Curtis,

You can use Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET to extract text from the PDF file using ExtractText method and then search the text. You can find further details in this blog post. However, I’m afraid, it is currently not possible to search the text inside the PDF file. If you could elaborate your requirement a little bit, we would be able to provide this feature in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,