We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Several conversion problems from PDF to PDF/A_1B

Hi,

We are using aspose-pdf-11.4.0.jar library and we have several problems with differents pdf files.

The problems are the following:

- First problem:

Converting pdf file “test1.pdf” to pdf/a_1b format. We had found that aspose library is inserting a channel count of 4 for a RGB ICC profile.

PDF affected part:

5 0 obj
<</Filter/FlateDecode/N 4/Length 706>>stream…etc

(replacing /N 4 to /N 3 work fine)

Using validator “https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx”:

Validating file “test1.pdf” for conformance level pdfa-1b

The value of the key N is 4 but must be 3.

The document does not conform to the requested standard.

- Second problem:

Converting pdf file “test2.pdf” to pdf/a_1b format.

We had found that
aspose library is doing a bad font size parsing in a FreeText annotation element (attribute /DS)

PDF affected parts:

/DS(font: 10.0pt Courier; color: #000000;)

Exception trace:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “pt”
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseDouble(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.TextStyle.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.FreeTextAnnotation.getTextStyle(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.FreeTextAnnotation.m1(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.Page.m1(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.Page.m2(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.m12(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.flatten(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.Document.flatten(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p93.z6.m2(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p93.z7.m12(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p93.z6.m1(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.m1(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.Document.m1(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.convert(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.Document.convert(Unknown Source)
at Main.main(Main.java:258)

- Third problem:

Converting pdf file “test3.pdf” to pdf/a_1b format. The conversion log file contains:

Acroform is enabled

PDF affected part:

<</Type/Catalog/AcroForm<</SigFlags 3/Fields[]/DA(/Helv 0 Tf 0 g )>>/Pages 5 0 R/Metadata 46 0 R/OutputIntents[33 0 R]>>

Possible fix:

If fields element is empty not insert AcroForm element. The signature field was removed but the signature appearance exists (I think that this conversion part is correct):

<</Contents 17 0 R/Type/Page/Resources<</ProcSet[/PDF/Text]/Font 7 0 R/XObject<</FRM0 16 0 R>>>>/Parent 5 0 R/Rotate 0/MediaBox[0 0 595 842]>>

(16 0 object reference the signature appearance).

tsyses:
Hi,

We are using aspose-pdf-11.4.0.jar library and we have several problems with differents pdf files.

The problems are the following:

- First problem:

Converting pdf file “test1.pdf” to pdf/a_1b format. We had found that aspose library is inserting a channel count of 4 for a RGB ICC profile.

PDF affected part:

5 0 obj
<</Filter/FlateDecode/N 4/Length 706>>stream…etc

(replacing /N 4 to /N 3 work fine)

Using validator “https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx”:

Validating file “test1.pdf” for conformance level pdfa-1b

The value of the key N is 4 but must be 3.

The document does not conform to the requested standard.

Hi David,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the PDF/A_1b compliance using Adobe Acrobat 10.1.1 and as per my observations, the shared test1.pdf file is PDFA/A_1b compliant. For your reference, I have also attached the image file showing PDF/A compliance check result information.

Whereas when I have tried converting test2.pdf, an exception is being generated. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-35787 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction.

In an attempt to convert PDF file to PDF/A_1b compliant format, the resultant file is not compliant. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-35788 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Please note that Aspose.Pdf for .NET is developed according to PDF specification from Adobe and we use Adobe Acrobat for PDF/A compliance testing because there are many third party tools and each tool have its own specifications and its quite difficult to make our API compliant with each tool. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I think the answers aren´t enought correct. I´m detailing the problems but the answers are “I test with Adobe Pro DC and the result is…”. The validation results file generated by aspose library have differentes errors than Adobe Pro DC?? Why?? . We have bought aspose library not Adobe Pro DC.Can you pass my post directly to your developers?

About the first problem, validating with Apache PDFBox (using preflight library):

2.1.2 : Invalid graphics object, /N entry of ICC profile is 4 but the ICC profile has 3 components
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “f” can’t be used without Color Profile
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “g” can’t be used without Color Profile
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “g” can’t be used without Color Profile
2.4.1 : Invalid Color space, The operator “rg” can’t be used with CMYK Profile
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “f” can’t be used without Color Profile
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “G” can’t be used without Color Profile
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “f*” can’t be used without Color Profile
2.4.1 : Invalid Color space, The operator “RG” can’t be used with CMYK Profile
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “G” can’t be used without Color Profile

Thanks.

tsyses:
I think the answers aren´t enought correct. I´m detailing the problems but the answers are “I test with Adobe Pro DC and the result is…”. The validation results file generated by aspose library have differentes errors than Adobe Pro DC?? Why?? . We have bought aspose library not Adobe Pro DC.Can you pass my post directly to your developers?
Hi David,
In my earlier post, I have stated that when validating the PDF/A compliance using Adobe Acrobat 10, I did not notice any compliance issues for one of the documents. Whereas other documents failed during PDF/A compliance check. In case I have still not understood your above shared concerns, can you please share some further details.

tsyses:
About the first problem, validating with Apache PDFBox (using preflight library):

2.1.2 : Invalid graphics object, /N entry of ICC profile is 4 but the ICC profile has 3 components
2.4.3 : Invalid Color space, The operator “f*” can’t be used without Color Profile

Thanks.
Can you please try using Adobe Acrobat for PDF/A compliance verification and share your findings.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-35787) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-35788) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.