Shape.AlternativeText blank in .XLSX

I may have found a bug. If I loop through the Shapes collection and check the Shape.AlternativeText when using an Excel 2000 file, Aspose.Cells correctly returns the string value.

If I save the file as 2007 format (.xlsx), Aspose reports the AlternativeText as being empty.

The attached VS 2010 C# project demonstrates this.

Thanks,

Jeff

CheckBox.AlternativeText blank after saving the workbook

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your posting.

We will look into the problem you stated and get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your sample code, I can reproduce this bug. I have simplified the code to test this scenario and also attached the sources excel files and output screenshot for a reference.

C#

Workbook wbXlsx = new Workbook(@“C:\Downloads\srcAltText.xlsx”);

string altTextXlsx = wbXlsx.Worksheets[0].Shapes[0].AlternativeText;

Workbook wbXls = new Workbook(@“C:\Downloads\srcAltText.xls”);

string altTextXls = wbXls.Worksheets[0].Shapes[0].AlternativeText;

Console.WriteLine("Alt-Text-Xlsx: " + altTextXlsx);

Console.WriteLine("Alt-Text-Xls: " + altTextXls);

Hi,

I have logged this bug with id: CELLSNET-23525

Hi,

We have resolved this issue in Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.2.1.3.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 23525) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I just downloaded version 5.2.2 and one of the two errors in my test program was fixed, however, the other still exists: when a 2000-format (.xls) file is saved to 2007 format (.xlsx) using Aspose.Cells, the Shape.AlternativeText is not preserved. When I open the newly saved .xlsx the alt text is blank.

I didn't notice until today that your simplified test version dropped one of my tests, which illustrates the problem.You can refer to my original test to see the issue. It should say:

Re-open 2007 file 'ExcelSourceSAVED.xlsx' and check shapes...'
Shape 'Picture 2' Alt=''

Note that Alt is empty.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi,

Yes we noticed this problem although it works fine with native/existing Excel 2007 XLSX files.

I have re-opened the issue and will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting the missed test case.

We have fixed this issue. Please download the Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.2.2.1

Unfortunately I have found the same problem with OleObject images (images placed into Excel using Insert > Bitmap object).

1. Aspose.Cells does not read in the AlternativeText of the OleObject from a pre-existing 2007 format file. This text is what you set under the Format Picture > Web tab.

2. Aspose.Cells does not save the AlternativeText when saving an .xls to .xlsx format. If I do Workbook.Save to Xlsx format, then open the file manually in Excel, the alt text is blank.

The new ZIP file "AsposeCellsAltTextTest_20110211.zip" I have attached illustrates the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample project.

I am able to reproduce the issues you have described. I have re-opened your ticket “CELLSNET-23525” again. We will soon look into it.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.2.2.6. We have fixed the issue you mentioned.

That works great. Thank you very much.

Jeff

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan