Shapes become readonly on save

We are using Aspose.Words version 15.4 to generate reports using word template with Merged Fields which contains some Shapes with text in these shapes. When we save these documents using aspose these shapes become read only and the text within the shapes got removed.

Could anyone suggest what is the problem here?

Hi Kavita,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please upgrade to latest version of Aspose.Words from the following link:

In case the problem still remains, please attach your input document and output document showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

We tried to use the new version of Aspose.words dll (v 15.6.0.0) but nothing changed.

Please see the attached files. We used the input.docx as a template, Open the document from Aspose and Saved it, No change was made to the document. On Save, the output generated was given in the Attached file “Output.docx”…

The shapes in the document got readonly and the text written inside these shapes disappeared.

Please provide a solution to it.

Hi Kavita,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 15.6.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-12188. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Could you please provide any alternate option for this or please confirm the date by when we can expect this update. We used Aspose to generate the reports in one of our project which needs to get this ready ASAP.

Thanks

Hi Kavita,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Unfortunately at the moment we cannot provide you any reliable estimate. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12188) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.