Shapes look different in Word 2003 than in Word 2007

Hello,

The attached Word document contains a bunch of Word shapes arranged on each page to resemble an e-Learning course output that the tool I work on generates. Everything looks just fine in Word 2007, but in Word 2003 things look pretty bad with images being distorted and the shapes not appearing in the correct place. Please take a look at the attached Word document. Could you let me know why these differences are occurring? Is there some sort of Save option that I should be using to make things more Word 2003 compatible?

Another issue we’re having is that, starting on the second page, the headers/footers seemed to be laid out slightly to the left of the actual page content. In particular we have a horizontal line in the header. The line starts in the correct location on the left, but ends a little short of the end of the content area because the area of the header/footer content starts slightly before page content. I have the show all table borders option on, so its easy to see the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for your request. As I can see your document looks fine in both in MS Word 2007 and in MS Word 2003. I also tried to open/save the document using Aspose.Words and then open it in MS Word 2007 and in MS Word 2003, and still the document looks fine in both versions of MS Word.
Could you please tell me how I can reproduce the problem on my side? Please provide me code example. Also, tell me which version of Aspose.Words you use. To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.
Best regards.

Hello,

Please see the attached files for examples of the problem. The file index.doc is the file generated by my application. The docx file shows screenshots or 2003 and 2007 side-by-side and highlight the issues seen on each page.

Thanks!

Hi

Thank you for additional information. When I opened the first document you have attached, there were no differences in Word 2003 and 2007. “index.doc” you have attached in your previous answer cannot be properly opened on my side. It says access denied. Please reattach it again, so I can open it on my side.
Best regards.

Here is the document… sorry it didn’t upload correctly the first time.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Now I see the difference, but problem occurs only in MS Word 2003 SP3. Your document looks fine when open it in MS Word 2003 without SP3.
Anyway, could you please show me code that you use to produce this document, or attach the document before processing it using Aspose.Words. I will try to recreate such document on my side.
Best regards.

We generate this document completely from scratch using the DocumentBuilder… It would be no simple process to rip out the code that does this and put it in a form that is easily run in a utility because its part of a much larger component of our system.

Is there something else I could provide?

Hi

Thank you for additional information. It is difficult to say what causes the problem without your code. It would be nice if you create sample code or simple application that will generate the problematic document.
Best regards.