Shapes out of alignment

Hi Team,

I am trying to generate the diagram and add shapes to the diagram. But, the output VSD files contain shapes which are not aligned properly and are overlapped with each other.

I am generating the shapes using the Add shape method of the page:
page.AddShape(x, y, x + labelX, y + 10,master.Name);

The ouput VSD file is attached (Aspose Output - Shapes Overlapped.vdx).

Please let me know how I can generate the desired outcome. The desired output file: DesiredOutput.vdx is also attached.

Please help me in fixing the issue.

-Best Regards,
Agraj

Hi Agraj,

Please accept our apologies for the delay. We are working over your query and shall get back to you shortly.

Hi Agraj,

Thank you for contacting support. I'm sorry to share with you that you cannot achieve the desired output at the moment because in your case the shapes hold multiple connection points and currently we can connect shape from the top, bottom, left, right and center so far no other way. Anyway, I took a closer look and have logged the following issues in our issue tracking system.

DIAGRAM-33435: Add support to connect shape through multiple connection points
DIAGRAM-33436: Add support to dynamically glue a shape inside another shape
DIAGRAM-33437: Can't change position of output .vdx file shapes through mouse in MS Visio

These issues have also been linked to this forum thread and you will be notified as soon as these are fixed. We're sorry for your inconvenience.

Please do let me know in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Imran,

Can you please let us know current status of Issue or progress.

Hi Agraj,

Thank you for asking about an update. I’m sorry to share with you that these issues are pending for analysis. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at these issues shortly. As soon as any information is shared by him, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Agraj,

Thank you for being patient. I have received a response from our development team. I would like to update you that our development team has plans to support these new features in the first quarter of 2014. It’s depend upon if everything goes by plan. We shall let you know once these issues are resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33436) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Agraj,

In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAM-33437, please download and use the latest version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.02.0. All the shapes are movable in the output VDX.

PS: we have closed this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.