ShapeType OleControl

Hello,

I have a word doc (type .doc) that contains some olecontrol textboxes that I would like to change the text with via Aspose. Currently I am doing the standard idea of appending a paragraph with a run as a child to it. This however corrupts the file when I try and open it in word. I was wondering if you know I way for me to change the text within an OleControled textbox?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. The ShapeType.OleControl is an ActiveX control. You cannot create shapes of this type in the document. Could you please attach your input Word document and expected output documents here for our reference? We will then provide you more information on this along with code.

Thank you just to clarify I am not able to modify these objects using Aspose.word?

For example, input text into an OleControl Textbox and have that displayed when the document is opened in Word (the filetype must stay as a .doc as well, in case that has an effect).

Thanks for the help.

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document and expected output documents here for our reference? We will then provide you more information on this along with code.

I would prefer not to attach those documents.

If you are able to simply tell me if the functionality I previously described is possible that is all I need.

Thanks

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. The
ShapeType.OleControl is an ActiveX control. Aspose.Words does not provide API to work with ActiveX.

If your query is not related to ActiveX control, please share some more detail about your query what exact you want to achieve using Aspose.Words along with input and expected output document. We will then provide you more information about your query.

Awesome thank you very much!