SharePoint & aspose words CustomDocumentProperties

Hi,

Im using aspose.words in a SharePoint environment,

I´m having trouble finding my custom properties in my Word 2007 document, all it finds is the content type id. Here´s a snippet of code that I use for looping the properties of the document:

oWords = new Aspose.Words.Document(stream);
foreach (Aspose.Words.Properties.DocumentProperty prop in oWords.BuiltInDocumentProperties)
    Console.WriteLine("{0} : {1}", prop.Name, prop.Value);

Console.WriteLine("3.Custom Properties");

foreach (Aspose.Words.Properties.DocumentProperty prop in oWords.CustomDocumentProperties)
{
    Console.WriteLine("{0} : {1}", prop.Name, prop.Value);
}

I can access the properties if I open the Word document. Any thoughts?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Thanx for your fast reply,

Here is a sample document with a field “Dokumentstatus”, that I´m unable to update. The field “Dokumentstatus” comes from my content type.

The only custom property I´m able to find is the ID of the content type.

Regards

Mikael

Hi

Thank you for additional information. As I can see SharePoint stores its properties in the document as Custom XML. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support Custom XML at the moment. We will notify you as soon as this feature is implemented.

Best regards.

Hello,

Thanx again for your support! We´ve decided to simply use a word.dll for this matter, but please notify me when a feature like the one you´re talking about is ready.

Regards

Hi Mikael,

Sure, we will notify you as soon as there is some progress regarding this issue.

Best regards

Hi!

We are delighted to announce the availability of Aspose.Words for SharePoint, which is our latest addition to the Aspose.Words product family.

This release, Aspose.Words for SharePoint 1.0 makes high quality document conversions for DOC/DOCX/ODT/RTF/PDF/XPS and others easily accessible to SharePoint users.

Please find more details in our Documentation area.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(17)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 3046) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)