We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

SharePoint: Error while converting

Hello,

one of my customers is using aspose pdf for SharePoint in latest Version.

Last month he has opened this thread Aspose.Word for Sharepoint to convert doc/docx to pdf.

This Problem seems to be solved now.

Now thier is another issue. In thier SharePoint 2013 is a document library with several taxonomy columns.

When I set two of these columns with values, the convert process fails with this message:

Conversion has failed for 1 file(s)

An unexpected error occured when trying to convert source file or Folder. Conversion failed

When I leave these values to NULL the conversion is fine.

I cannot find any Errors with these columns.

Are their any possibilities to start a detailed Debugging or any Logs?

In ULS Logs there no corresponding Errors.

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint does not support SharePoint 2013 at the moment and your mentioned old query relates to Aspsoe.Words for SharePoint, so we will appreciate it if you please confirm which component you are using and share some more details about the issue along with source document. It will help us to understand your query exactly and address it accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi tilal,

sorry about the confusion. You are right, it relates to Aspsoe.Words for SharePoint.

In my library there is a Content type with a list template. In this dotx there are several Word Quick Parts. It seems, that the pdf convert has a Problem with this template.

So I want to know, if there is any additional logging out there, to fix my issue.

As Attachement you can find the corresponding docx from the template.

Kind regards Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your feedback. I am moving your post to the related forum i.e. Aspose.Words, so my colleague form Aspose.Words team will guide you appropriately.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

OK.
I have an Update for you.

This error was not there in the previous Version (before Aspose.Words for SharePoint 16.12.0)

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the additional information. We are looking into the issue, but I am afraid due to some reasons your above shared attachment is corrupted. We will appreciate it if you please share it again. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

I have uploaded the docx again.

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. Could you please list steps here for our reference which will help us to reproduce the same issue on our end? Also, please attach you template document (your “001aaaTest.docx” document is based on) for further testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I think you can’t reproduce our issue, because it has something to with These two columns.

Are there any Limitations with the values of Taxonomy columns?

My Steps are:

1. Open the dotx from the library via Content type (SharePoint Ribbon -> New Doument)

2. Type in some text to the template and save it as docx in the same library.

3. Define Metadata to the item like date, Taxonomy und string columns.

4. Convert the docx to pdf over the ribbon.

5. Then I get the error.

My question was, if there are more logging or debug Features?

Later I will attach my template

Hi Andreas,

We are in coordination with product team to get answer pertaining to your queries. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Best regards,

Any News right now?

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we have not heard back from our product team on this topic yet. We will be sure to inform you as soon as we have any updates for you. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for being patient. It is to update you that we had logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSSP-246. Our product team will most likely include the fix to this issue in next Aspose.Words for SharePoint 17.1.0 release.

Regarding implementing extended logging, we have also created a new ticket in our issue tracking system with ID WORDSSP-247.

Our product team will further look into the details of these problems and we will keep you updated on the statuses of these issues. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSSP-246) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for SharePoint 17.1.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.