Sheet Name is not appearing when converted xlsx to pdf using aspose.cells for java

Dear Aspose Support Team

I have an excel which is having the data rendered using Aspose.Cells API. We are using this template generating the .pdf from the xlsx using the below code. It is showing the sheetName at the bottome for some sheets and for some sheets it is not showing the sheet name in the generated pdf file.

PdfSaveOptions saveOpt = new PdfSaveOptions(SaveFormat.PDF);
fdpWorkbook.save(workBookPathWithFileExtensin.pdf,saveOpt);

Are there are any limitation on the length of xlsx sheet Names(Tab name) while converting XSLX to PDF?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Please note, MS Excel imposes the limit of 31 characters for the worksheet name, whereas Aspose.Cells APIs follow MS Excel specifications in it’s implementation therefore this restriction is imposed by the Aspose.Cells APIs too.

In order to address your original issue, we need your sample spreadsheet for investigation. After reviewing your sample, we will be in a better position to assist you further in this regard. It would be of great help if you can share the PDF generated on your end as well.

Thanks for your reply,

As I mentioned in my post, Excel we are able to show the name which is <31 characters. But in PDF is not showing. the only difference between this sheet and other sheets is that the other sheet have shorter name. I hope content of the sheet does not impact this?

the length of the sheet Names which are not appearing in the PDF are having 25 and 28.

You can try convert the xlsx to PDF having the sheet names below.

Fxnancial Prdfilx Svmxavy
Affxlsatx and Podlic Support

thanks

Hi again,

Thank you for providing more details of your scenario.
Please note, the Aspose.Cells APIs do not render the worksheet name in the resultant PDF by default, unless you have used any/all of the following dynamics options.

1. Inserted the worksheet name in the header using the script &[Tab].
  2. Inserted the worksheet name in the footer using the script &[Tab].
  3. Inserted the worksheet name in any cell using the Excel formulas.

The reason for requesting the sample spreadsheet & the resultant PDF was to get a clue about your spreadsheet layout, and how you are rendering the worksheet name in the PDF. Based on your recently shared information, we have created a sample spreadsheet using the above three options to insert the worksheet name in different parts of the spreadsheet and rendered it to PDF. Unfortunately, we are unable to see any problem in the resultant PDF as attached.

We would request you to please first give a try to the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.3.1.2 against your problematic sample. In case the problem persists, please provide us the requested samples for further investigation.