Replace invalid characters with suitable symbols or chars automatically in an Excel sheet names in .NET

As you may notice in the attached project, CSV’s sheet name is the file name, which is nice. Although, it’s getting 32 chars and the limit is 31.

Also, you will notice that the file name contains square brackets ("[" and “]”). Although, if I try to set a sheet name using this char, it throws an exception with a list of invalid chars.

My suggestion, regarding the square bracket issue, is to replace it by regular brackets ("(" and “)”). You can try the file in my sample. That’s what Excel does.

AsposeTest13.zip (4.9 MB)

@brunojuliao,

Thanks for the sample project and details.

We will be evaluating your project and get back to you soon.

1 Like

@brunojuliao,

I have investigated your scenario a bit. It throws exception unless the file name is upto the letters “…_IDIG-US” which make 31 in number so the exception is thrown if file name contains 32 characters. About replacing invalid characters, we have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46573 - Replace invalid characters with suitable symbols
1 Like

@brunojuliao,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46573”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

1 Like

@brunojuliao,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.1.6 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.1.6 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.7 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.1.6 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.8 MB)

1 Like

All the tests I run are looking good. Thanks for the prompt reply and fix. :slight_smile:

@brunojuliao,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46573) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.2. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi