SheetRender not wrapping text properly and text with imbedded colors overlapping in image

Using the attached sample code, I have an issue where text in a merged cell is not wrapping properly and is extending beyond the right side of the border. Also, text containing imbedded colors and/or bolding is overlapping and is unreadable. I’ve also attached sample image showing both issues.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

I can notice the issue as you have mentioned via the screen shot by running your project with your sample Excel file. We have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40434. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Any update on this?

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue is still “In Process”. Once we have any update, we will let you know.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Can we escalate this issue? We have a pre-production UAT schedule in 2 weeks and need these issues fixed.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.2

and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.2.3

This looks like it may have addressed the issues with colored text but there is a lot of wasted space on the right hand side of the cell. Space is a premium in our application and we need as much space within the cell as possible. Ideally, we'd like the text to look just like it does in Excel.

Attached are 2 different images. One is the way the text looks in Excel after AutoRowHeight has been applied in ASPOSE and the other is the ASPOSE SheetRender image of the same cell. There is a lot of wasted space on the right hand side and the words don't wrap in the same place.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and testing it with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.3

We have logged your comment in our database. We will look into them and resolve the problems and get back to you asap.

The comment has been logged against the issue id: CELLSNET-40434

It’s almost been a month since I entered this issue. Can I get an ETA of when it will get resolved. I already know I’m going to have to open another issue due to borders not being visible on the bottom and right hand side of images when using SheetRender in a paging scenario. This has been a re-occuring issue with ASPOSE cells. It gets fixed then it gets broken again.

Hi,

Please download and use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.5
and let us know your feedback.

Same issues exist. I need my issues addressed specifically.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and testing it with latest version.

Please provide me your sample project replicating the issue and the screenshots with red circles showing the problems.

This will help me to escalate this issue.

If you have already provided, then please refresh it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sample project was uploaded previously. Here is an image showing the wasted space on the right side of the cells.

Hi,

Please see the following code, it works fine using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.5

I have commented the Top and Bottom margin. Please see the output image attached, it looks ok now.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Vproj\AsposeRowMergedCellIssue\AsposeRowMergedCellIssue\Book1.xlsx”;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filePath);

Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets[“3E Highlights & Issues”];

// Clear headers and footers

ws.PageSetup.ClearHeaderFooter();

// set margins to remove white space around image

ws.PageSetup.LeftMargin = 0;

ws.PageSetup.RightMargin = 0;

// ws.PageSetup.TopMargin = 0;

// ws.PageSetup.BottomMargin = 0;

// set horizontal and vertical align to false to remove whitepspace around image when using the SheetToImageByPage method

ws.PageSetup.CenterHorizontally = false;

ws.PageSetup.CenterVertically = false;

ws.AutoFitRows(new AutoFitterOptions() { AutoFitMergedCells = true });

ImageOrPrintOptions options = new ImageOrPrintOptions() { PrintingPage = PrintingPageType.Default, IsImageFitToPage = true, OnePagePerSheet = true, VerticalResolution = 300, HorizontalResolution = 300 };

SheetRender sheetRender = new SheetRender(ws, options);

Bitmap bitMap = sheetRender.ToImage(0);

bitMap.Save(filePath + “.out.jpg”, ImageFormat.Jpeg);

This is not going to work for us. We need the white space to be removed from the top and bottom of the image. That is why we are setting TopMargin and BottomMargin to zero. This seems like a bug to me that changing the margins on the page would cause the spacing in a cell to change.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have logged this issue for investigation in our database. Development team will look into it and fix the problems. If there is some other update/advice available for you, we will also let you know asap.

This issue has been logged with an id: CELLSNET-40547

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue’s status is still “Open/Under Process”. I have requested the concerned developer to update on it. Once we have any update, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.2.7

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40547) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.