Show parent child data using smart markers

I want to create a template file that will show parent row first and then it’s corresponding child rows.

How can I do that using smart marker?

I’m referring link Smartly importing and placing data with Smart markers|Documentation

Expected Output:
image.png (5.8 KB)

@navnathshinde48

Thanks for your query and screenshot.

Well, “SmartMarkers” is a unique feature provided by the Aspose.Cells APIs, and you can’t always customize the changes/style you want because they have their own styles and formattings (predefiined). I do not think you may accomplish the task exactly via Smart Markers (using designer file). I guess you might have to do it manual way a bit.

Thanks for the quick reply @Amjad_Sahi.

I want to make generalized export function hence I decided to use smart markers.

Do you have any other way to make generalized export function that will support parent and child data set as shown in previous screenshot.

@navnathshinde48

As I told you earlier you there is no automatic way to accomplish the task even it is not there in MS Excel. You can import data using Aspose.Cells from different data sources (e.g DataTable, arrays, custom objects, etc.) into the worksheet cells, but you cannot customize the insertion (in predefined parent/child formation). You have to do manual insertion (e.g using Cell.PutValue, etc.) and apply style/formatting to specified cells for your data.