Sign With Certificate

I'm developing an application that requires users to digitally sign PDF documents over the web. The user logs into the site with a digital certificate that is stored on a smart card. I can successfully sign the document with that certificate in a client-side application like Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

However, the documents in question will be residing on a web server so I need a server-side capability to use the client certificate that is used to authenticate to the web application to also sign documents.

Looking at the sample code, it appears that with Aspose.Pdf.Kit I need to have the client certificate sitting in a file on the web server file system rather than using the client certificate that they presented as part of their web session.

Since I'm in .Net, their certificate is presenting in the HTTPClientCertificate .Net class. Is there a way for me to assign that certificate to the Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Client certificate class that will be used to sign the document?

Hi,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

We're looking into your requirement and will update you the earliest possible.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We have studied your requirement in details and have come to the conclusion that, the desired behavior is currently not supported.

But, we have decided to support this functionality in our future releases. I've logged this enhancement as PDFKITNET-7639 in our issue tracking system. I am afraid currently I might not be able to provide you with the ETA for its resolution. As soon as we have made progress, we would be pleased to update you with the status of implementation.

Your patience and understanding in this regard is highly appreciated.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7639) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@gbchriste,

I like to inform that we have provided new feature for signing PDF with smart card using Aspose.PDF 19.2. Fore more details please visit Sign PDF Document From Smart Card and if there is still an issue than please share feedback with us.