Signing PDF/A with LTV enabled showing invalid signature

We are trying to convert the PDF file to PDFA. after converting the file using PDF/a we are digitally sign pdf and enable the LTV option. as a out put we are receiving the error “document has been altered or corrupted since it was signed” and showing the invalid signature. Here is the file in which we are getting error doc_PDFA_Sign_LTV(Aspose).pdf (648.5 KB)

Please let me know if any additional information require from my end.

Thanks

@vmehta

As per PDF specifications, any change or modification in a PDF/A compliant document will revoke its compliance and validation and it includes signing a PDF as well. A solution would be to sign a PDF first and then convert it into PDF/A format. Please feel free to let us know in case you still notice any issues.

@asad.ali

As per your suggestion we implement on given sequence but we receive the error “Can not convert signed file” and get following xml after validating the file.

1.0Copyright © 2001-2022 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.25-07-2022 12:47:46Can not convert signed file.

Please let me know any other information require.

@vmehta

Can you please share the PDF document that was signed and you tried to convert it into PDF/A? Also, please let us know the particular PDF/A format in which you desire to convert the document. We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.

Hi @asad.ali,

We are trying to convert the file to PDF/A-3U format.

First we apply the signature and enable the LTV doc_Sign_LTV.pdf (118.6 KB)

After enabling the LTV we are trying to convert file in PDF/A-3U file and we getting error after converting. Here is the file doc_AfterSign_convert.pdf (76.8 KB) from where we get the error.

Please let me know any additional information require from my end.

@vmehta

We were able to reproduce this behavior in our environment while testing the case using Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.7. Therefore, a ticket as PDFNET-52182 has been in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @asad.ali,

Any update on above issue?

@xiomione

The ticket has recently been logged in our issue tracking system and we are afraid that it is pending for analysis. It will be resolved on a first come first serve basis. We will let you know as soon as we have some definite updates about its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @asad.ali,

Any update on above issue?

Hi @asad.ali,

Does it take time to resolve the issue as our client has already had paid account and they have purchase specially for the PDFA conversion. Please let me know if you need our paid account details to complete the issue in faster pace.

@vmehta

We are afraid that the ticket has not been yet resolved. However, if you have paid support account, you can surely create a topic there with the reference of ticket ID in case you want to expedite the investigation process. The priority of the ticket will be raised accordingly.