Signing Unsigning Macros in Office Word Excel Documents with Digital Certificates (C# .NET)

Do your libraries allow signing of macros with digital certificates within office documents? I interested to know if your tools will allow adding/removing digital signature for macros in Word/Excel and other office based documents If the answer is yes, then I can download and test the software. I have looked at the release notes on the web site and have not been able to determine this but I cannot be 100% sure that it is not possible unless I am told by your company. Thank you so much for your help.

This Topic is created by sabrina.tran1 using Email to Topic tool.

@Kamran.Kazemi

We would like to share with you that Aspose.Cells does support signing VBA code or macros in Excel files, please check the below documentation article for your reference:

As far as Words files are concerned, we are collecting the related information and will share it with you shortly.

@Kamran.Kazemi,

Regarding Aspose.Words, digital signatures on macros can currently not be accessed or signed. However digital signatures on macros are preserved when exporting the document back to any word format. These signatures can be preserved on VBA code because the binary content of the macros are not changed even if the document itself is modified. Also, we have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-22497. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated here on the status of the linked ticket. We apologize for any inconvenience.

1 Like