Simple Word Document to PDF not keeping format

I have a word document, which seems pretty simple in desgin. I open it in Apsose.Words do a couple mail merges then convert to PDF via Aspose.PDF.

I saved the word docment after doing the mail merge and it looks just like the orginal document.

But the final PDF is not the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is the word document I am ahving trouble with.

Adam

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I have tried with Aspose.PDf version 3.3.4.2 and Aspose.Word version 4.2.0.0. But I am unable to produce the problem. Please find attached output after converting the document from the sample document.

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team
http://www.aspose.com/Wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Corporate/ContactChangsha.html

First off use a real version Apose.PDF so you dont get the red text that messes the layout up.

Then you will see that the page breaks are not the same through out the entire document and it is breaking a couple of the tables for noe resons. Even the first pages gets pushed down into 2 pages.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

I have tested this document and have reproduced the error. I will discuss this with the developers and we will inform you as soon as a solution is found.

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team
http://www.aspose.com/Wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Corporate/ContactChangsha.html

Great,

I look foward to seeing what the problem is.

Keep me posted.

Adam

Dear Adam,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Currently We can't make the Pdf exactly the same as the Word document. But the inline image in the first page is really a problem that we should resolve. I will contact the Aspose.Words team to resolve this issue.

Do you have any suggestions on a way I could "clean" this word document so that the produced PDF would match it exactly.

When I changed that front image to be "square" instead in "inline" it fixed the first page from breaking.

On the second to last page the following issues seem strange:

1. The words go over the images
  2. The table at the top of the page is in 3 sections. (even when i put page break before to make sure it would be on one page, it was still in 3 sections)

Thanks,

Adam

Dear Adam,

The first page: You can also change the font of the text line where the image is in to a small value.

The second to last page:

1) The "tight" layout is not supported in Aspose.Pdf. You'd better use floaing box. I have modified the first image.

2) I added a page break and it seems work.

What about on the 3rd page, 3rd paragraph there is some text highlighted in yellow....this dos not seem to carry over to the PDF.

Also is there guidlines somwhere on how to make sure that a created word document will transfer over to PDF the cleanet possible way. (What to use and what to avoid ect).

Thanks

Adam

Dear Adam,

In the 3rd page, the background color is not included in the xml generated by Aspose.Words. Please report this problem to the Aspose.Words forum.

Sorry we have not such guidelines. There are still many advanced features in Word is not supported in Aspose.Pdf. The main limitation is image and table layout (aquare, tight,...).

what is the limitations on tables?

And as far as using pictures which layout should be used for them?

Thanks,

Adam

Dear Adam,

Sorry for not making it clear. Text around image/table is not supported. As for image, you should use inline layout and you'd better set small font size for the text line where the image is in.

A good options for images is floating, but None for text wrapping is selected so the image is either above or below text. If you want to place text to one side and image to another like in your document, I suggest you create a table with two columns and place text in one and image in the other column.

List of DOC2PDF export features is here File Formats and Conversions|Aspose.Words for .NET

How did you create the floating Image in Word?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5557) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)