We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Since 6.4- Acrobat can't merge PDFs created by Aspose.Pdf

I’m using PdfFileEditor.Concatenate(…) to create PDFs, which I’m then merging with other PDFs in Adobe Acrobat. This worked fine with Aspose.Pdf.dll 6.3, but not with 6.4: when I use Acrobat to merge PDFs created with Aspose.Pdf 6.4, Acrobat freezes.

It’s not just Acrobat, either; I’m seeing the same thing happen with PDFasm’s open source split and merge software (download at http://www.pdfsam.org/?page_id=32).

Is there a bug in Aspose.Pdf 6.4 that might cause this? Could there be something wrong with the document structure between 6.3 and 6.4 that would crash other PDF-handling software?

See attached for two PDFs, one create by PdfFileEditor.Concatenate(…) in Aspose.Pdf 6.3, and another created by Concatenate(…) in 6.4. I can merge 6_3.pdf in Acrobat with no problems, but 6_4.pdf freezes up Acrobat.

Hi Adeptive,

Thanks for sharing resultant PDF documents. I have tested the scenario with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended but unable to find any merging issue. Resultant merged PDF document with 6_4.pdf is attached for your reference.

Please feel free to contact support in case of any issue.

Thanks & Regards,