Single quotes are interpreted as double quotes for linefeeds

Hi

I’m creating csv files with aspose.cells. If the text contains linefeeds, it creates automatically double quotes. This is very good according to rfc4180. The returns in the text become ‘lf’ and the end of line is ‘crlf’ which is great. But, when the text contains single quotes, it’s interpreted as a closing tag. The returns end then with crlf instead of lf. This seems like a bug. Can you provide me some help to solve it?
thx

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please first create xlsx file of your choice manually using Microsoft Excel 2007, 2013 etc. and then save it in csv format and then open it in notepad and see the results and also open it in Microsoft Excel and see its results.

For testing purpose, I have created the a.xlsx file and saved it to a.csv and found, a.xlsx is broken in a.csv and also I checked the results in notepad and found, the strings are broken.

It means, if something does not work in Microsoft Excel or CSV format, then Aspose.Cells will also not be able to deal with it. If you think, it works fine, then please provide us your xlsx and csv file so that we could look into this issue and help you with sample code. Thanks for your cooperation in this regard and have a good day.