Size and proprotion of SSRS report items change after being exported to PowerPoint

I have made an SSRS report, carefully layed it out, using multiple
rectangles as containers, to fit it on one page. When exporting it to
Power:Point using Aspose, I got the result not fitting on the page. Just to be specific: the same report in SSRS prints on a single page, after export to PowerPoint it takes several despite the same print layout margins, etc.
Is it possible to predict the exact size of and proportions of SSRS report parts exported to PowerPoint?
For example, rectangle increases during the export by n percents or n pixels/points/inches; chart moves by n points, padding added, etc.

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for positing.

I have read the details shared by you and it seems to be an issue with Aspose.Slides and we need to investigate this. In order to investigate and resolve the issue, please share the source RDL along with Data source. Please also share the generated Tiff/PDF of report along with generated presentation. I also request you to please share the RPL export of report by following the guidelines shared over following link:

Exporting Reports to RPL format|Aspose.Slides Documentation

Best Regards,

I cannot upload any reports (or any files) due to the company’s security policy. I can explain what happens, but I cannot upload any samples.

Hi Vadim,

I have observed your comments and like to share that without availability of requested information it is not possible for us to investigate your issue and help you further. You can share your data privately with us by following these guidelines as well and we can assure you about integrity of your data. You can also share the report with us by using dummy data for reports as well. Please share requested information so that we may help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Ahmad,

Would it be possible to schedule a conference call to discuss the issue?

Thank you,

Vadim Perelmuter

Hi Vadim,

I have observed the comments shared by you and like to share that as per policy, Aspose offer support using forums where you can share the requested information to reproduce the issues on our end. Therefore, I humbly request you to please share all necessary information privately ( as shared by Adnan in previous post) with us. We assure you of preserving integrity of your data. Setting up the conference call with our product team in live sessions is rarely done and performed only in cases where even we are unable to reproduce customer issues on our end even with customer data. We really wish to help you further and request your cooperation in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

I have made sample files with hidden data.
Please see the attached rdl, pdf, and Power Point files. As you can see while Report Builder (rdl) and pdf files are one page, the PPTX file made through Aspose software goes to the second page. I would think the reason is different size of objects between Report builder and Power Point after export. In particular I would look at the Rectangle Report Builder object.

Thank you,

Vadim Perelmuter

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for sharing the requested information. I have observed the issue and a ticket with ID SLIDESREP-33508 has been added in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share notification with you once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thank you very much. Please let me know what you have found out.
Also, I wanted to mention that opening Power Point files produced by Apose Slides always produces error message “PowerPoint found an error in [file name]. Power Point can attempt to repair the presentation”.
After clicking Repair button, the file opens. However it may raise questions from users. Please look into causes of the error.

Thank you,

Vadim Perelmuter

Hi Vadim,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system. The shared issue is still unresolved and I have also updated the ticket detail to resolve the presentation repair message issue for exported presentation as well. We will share good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Best Regards,

Hi Vadim,

Our product team has initiated issue investigation on their end.In order to proceed further with investigation,they need RPL export of our report that we may use on our end to investigate your issue further.Please make sure the RPL file that you will share must correspond to presentation file that you have shared earlier with us.

Best Regard,

Hi Vadim,

Our product team has initiated issue investigation on their end.In order to proceed further with investigation,they need RPL export of your report that we may use on our end to investigate your issue further. Please make sure the RPL file that you will share must correspond to presentation file that you have shared earlier with us.

Best Regard,