Process large sized Excel spreadsheets in .NET

I am working with an extremely large Excel spreadsheet (30mb) developed by an insurance company. Most of the data in the spreadsheet is in the form of tables of numbers used for calculations. In addition to the regular Excel formulas, other values are calculated using VBA. Will ASPOSE.CELLS work with such a spreadsheet?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

For the 30mb file, I think Aspose can handle this kind of file depending on the memory availability. Aspose will require 10 * FileSize memory to process a file. So, in this case it’s totally up to the memory availability on your system.

As per formula calculation, Aspose formula calculation engine supports a wide range of formulas but currently Aspose.Cells does not provide the support for VBA.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

We have a 130MB excel spreadsheet that we are trying to open as read only, so via file stream. More often than not it is getting out of memory issues during the opening process with following stack trace.

at .(Int32 , Int32 )
at .()
at . ()
at .(Char[] , Int32 , Int32 , Boolean )
at .(String , Boolean )
at .(String )
at . ( )
at . ( )
at . ( )
at .( )
at . ( )
at .( )
at . ()
at .()
at .(Workbook , LoadOptions , Boolean )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.(Stream , LoadOptions , Boolean )
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook…ctor(Stream stream)

We are using version 18.6.0.0 of Cells. Is the 10 * filesize still the memory requirement to be able to open and process an excel spreadsheet via apsose.cells?

Thanks, Julie

@t1jsw,

Memory requirement formula was generalized estimate and actual memory consumption can vary. Please use Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.10 and check whether the problem resolves or not. If it does not resolve then share the file over Dropbox, Google Drive etc for our analysis.

Hi,

I tried with Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.10 and still have same issue. I will need to check with client about confidential information contained in file before sharing. Assuming they approve what is the best way to share the file with you confidentially?

Thanks, Julie

@t1jsw,

You can share a public download link with me via private message. You can click on my name and find “Message” Button, in order to send a private message. Also include the code snippet you are using to load that file. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis.

Thanks but client is not willing to have their file shared as it contains confidential information. If anything changes I will let you know.

@t1jsw,

Template file is required in order to reproduce the issue on our end. If it is reproduced with some other file which can be shared then share that file with us so that we can analyze it further. We will be happy to help you soon.