Size of SWF generated is too high

We are using Aspose.Slides to generate flash from power point presentation. But the size of the flash file generated is too big and takes lot of time to load when loading in HTML page using embed tag. Is there any way to reduce the size of flash file generated without compromising the quality?

We are generating one flash file per slide.

Also another issue is , in some cases when we embed that flash using embed tag in html, it is not rendering properly. if we are specifying height and width for embed tag it is not taking that complete space and shows blank area at the bottom and right. Can you please help us on this?

Hi,

I have observed your comments. For your first point i like to inform that we can’t manage size of destination object. It depends of presentation size and components that presentation contains for example if presentation has many shapes and videos than size will be huge. For your second query please share source presentation and generated result with us. Also please share which Aspose.Slides version you are using on your end and sample code for further investigation to help you out.

Best Regards,

When we are generating SWF using office Interop, its size is much smaller than using aspose. Size of SWF generated using Aspose slides is almost 2 to 3 times that of SWF generated using Interop.

Hi,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source files, source code and generated result with us for further investigation to help you out.

Best Regards,

I have attached zip file with PPT, converted swf files using Interop and Aspose. Please have a look at them.

Here is the code used for swf conversion

using (Aspose.Slides.Presentation presentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(pptPath))
{
SwfOptions swfOptions = new SwfOptions();
swfOptions.ViewerIncluded = false;

// Saving File
for (int i = 0; i < presentation.Slides.Count; i++)
{
string destpath = Path.Combine(bundlePath,“slide_” + (i + 1).ToString()) + “.swf”;
presentation.Save(destpath, new int[] { i + 1 }, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Swf, swfOptions);
}
}

Hi,

I have observed your comments. Our product team will investigate issue in details to help you out. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38576 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Is there any update on this?

Hi,

I like to inform that our product team investigated issue in details. I like to share that difference in file sizes is caused by the following reasons:

1. Use of different fonts. Your file uses a font other than the one used in the presentation.
The size of the glyphs of the font in your file is significantly less than the size of the glyphs of the presentation font.

2. Our variant of the file uses a 32-bit table to store the glyphs of the font, while your file uses a 16-bit table.

3. Using different versions of swf (our file is swf v.11 but your file is v.7 so files have different inner structures).

4. Storage of some additional service information in our version of the file (for example, additional license text).

For example, if you replace the presentation font and re-save it in swf, you get a reduction from 40k to 20k (your file is 16k). Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38576) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.