Skeleton app questions- Quick answers appreciated! Need to decide by this Scrum finish!

Hello Aspose Team,

I am trying to create a prototype of creating a ppt document using aspose slide for .Net.
Once i create this prototype we can make a decision of buying license for 10 developers.

The approach:
1. Create a separate project in current solution and make aspose slides as a class library project.
2. Provide a reference of that into web project, where UI control to trigger ppt reports is present.

I am completely new to this but found many good recommendations on aspose slides,
1. Is there a sample for Aspose slides for .NET for the above mentioned scenario?
2. We are using Windows 10 Enterprise, Will there be an issue aspose slides in this OS version?</div>
3. The docs for aspose slides mentioned it was last update Dec 2016, is there an update coming soon?
4. Can i upload it into my AWS Cloud env?

Please reply to these queries at the earliest.

Thanks,
Swaminathan
swamipras@gmail.com

Hello Aspose Team,

I am trying to create a prototype of creating a ppt document using aspose slide for .Net.
Once i create this prototype we can make a decision of buying license for 10 developers.

The approach:
1. Create a separate project in current solution and make aspose slides as a class library project.
2. Provide a reference of that into web project, where UI control to trigger ppt reports is present.

I am completely new to this but found many good recommendations on aspose slides,
1. Is there a sample for Aspose slides for .NET for the above mentioned scenario?
2. We are using Windows 10 Enterprise, Will there be an issue aspose slides in this OS version?</div>
3. The docs for aspose slides mentioned it was last update Dec 2016, is there an update coming soon?

Thanks,
Swaminathan
swamipras@gmail.com

Hello Aspose Team,

The approach:

2. We are using Windows 10 Enterprise, Will there be an issue aspose slides in this OS version?\

Thanks,
Swaminathan
swamipras@gmail.com

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Adam Skelton. (private)

Hi,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that

1: You can create presentation files and can use almost all feature supported in MS PowerPoint using Aspose.Slides. For more details, please visit our developer guide for working sample codes for exploring different features.

2: Aspose.Slides is compatible to work in .NET framework supported environment and it will work in Windows 10 as well without any issue

3: We have monthly product releases available for our API that contain fix for different issues incurring in product. Please visit our download section for latest available downloads.

4: Aspose.Slides for .NET allows you to save presentation in the form of stream. Once you have stream available, you can use your own options to publish in AWS Cloud. However, there is no direct link or configuration is available between Aspose.Slides for .NET and AWS Cloud.

I also suggest you to please try using our 30 days free trial license to explore the API on your end. Please share with us if you have any further inquiry.

Best Regards,

Hello Adnan,

Thanks for your reply.
1. Will check the guide to look at sample code.
2. Thank you for confirming.
3. Will pick the latest

4. I wanted to know once i take a trial version and do create a prototype, I wanted to know if i will be able to host the application in AWS Cloud.
The main question here is does the AWS Cloud server machine need Aspose installed to run the code i am using.

5. Once installed in AWS Cloud machine, can anybody accessing the solution the server published be able to use aspose features i developed?

Thanks Again,
Swaminathan

Hi Swaminathan,

Thank you for your growing interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements related to working of Aspose.Slides for .NET in AWS environment. I will try to answer your questions separately.

4. I wanted to know once i take a trial version and do create a
prototype, I wanted to know if i will be able to host the application in
AWS Cloud.
The main question here is does the AWS Cloud server machine need Aspose installed to run the code i am using.
If you want to run Aspose.Slides on server then Aspose.Slides library must be present on the server. But still it is not guaranteed that this is enough. Actually, Aspose.Slides has not been verified for working on AWS. It is necessary to check whether the installation is just enough and everything works well. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-38540 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the investigation is completed.

5. Once installed in AWS Cloud machine, can anybody accessing the
solution the server published be able to use aspose features i
developed?

This question is partly linked with above explanation by me but it seems more related to AWS itself but not to Aspose.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

Thank you for the quick response.

On #5,
What i meant is if the server installs its version of Aspose slides.
Does each user accessing the Solution/Application need separate licenses to use Aspose.Slides? (Main functionality will be to generate .ppt documents)
After generating the ppt, if the user wishes to share the ppt to other users, do they need licensing as well?

Many Thanks,
Swaminathan

Hi Swaminathan,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that you will be needing Aspose.Slides for .NET license for the application that is going to be deployed on server. The user will be accessing the application that has license access, so users won’t be needing a license on their end in order to use the application. I hope this will clarify the concept to you. Moreover, like I shared before, we still need to determine if Aspose.Slides based application can be deployed on AWS or not.

Many Thanks,

Hello,

My questions continue.

1. So I have created a .pptx document through Aspose.slides, now does the user have the power to make the changes to it in the web app.
The user may have different requirement on how the template must be for different customers, so once we generate a pptx document, Can Aspose.slides have the power to consume that document and change features on the fly.

Hi Swaminathan,

I have observed your comments and like to share that for deployed web application, Aspose.Slides license is required only on server side and no need of license on client slide. Aspose.Slides deals with presentation files programmatically. When you instantiate the Presentation class object, the presentation’s DOM (Document Object Model) gets loaded in memory and user work with the presentation programmatically without any front end associated with that. Each user when instantiate Presentation object will load his own copy of presentation in memory. There is no such feature like PowerPoint with front end to change the features on the fly. I hope the clarification will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for explaining.

Question:
If i need to display an excel spreadsheet in the slides, can i use the grid view in Aspose slides to display it. If the user has powerpoint, he will be able to edit it? Is this assumption correct?

Question:
Why does a person need Aspose Cells, what are the main functionalities?

Many thanks,
Swami

Hi Swami,

We are looking into this and will get back to you with feedback soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Swami,

I have observed your comments and like to share that there is no grid view component in Aspose.Slides for displaying Excel files. You need to add Excel file as OLE Object inside PowerPoint presentation and that will get displayed as Excel grid in your PowerPoint presentation. Aspose.Cells is a component that is used for managing Excel files programmatically. If you want to modify the excel files OLE Object in your presentation then you need Aspose.Cells. Otherwise, you only need Aspose.Slides alone for adding Excel file Ole object in your presentation. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello All,

I tried embedding an Excel OLE object to my slides, And i got this instead of the Excel embedding.

Can you please advice?

Swami

Hi Swami,

I have observed your question related to embedding Excel Ole object and like to share that the red, “Excel Ole Object” is set by
Ole engine it self in PowerPoint presentation to show that there is an
OLE object in slide that is disabled. When you double click the OLE
object, it gets enabled and show the actual image of OLE data. There are
two solutions for this. First is to use any third party VB scripts that
you may add in your presentation to enable the OLE frames automatically
when its opened. The other option is to get the image of Excel file and
set that as image of OLE frame inside presentation.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38540) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.1. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.