SkiaSharp Image Library used by Aspose.Words on .NET Standard to Ensure High Fidelity Word Rendering on different Platforms such as Linux

Is there a reason that with .NET Standard that Aspose.Words uses SkiaSharp while other Aspose products use System.Drawing.Common?

I noticed Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.BarCode, and Aspose.Imaging use System.Drawing.Common. It would be nice if the Aspose product suite as a whole was consistent in the libraries it depends on.

@mike.doerfler,

We are checking this scenario and will get back to you soon.

@mike.doerfler,

The reason Aspose.Words uses SkiaSharp instead of System.Drawing.Common is quality of rendering on different platforms (by rendering we mean converting Word documents to PDF, XPS, Image formats etc). Of course System.Drawing.Common is much easier to use because the same graphics code is used in both .NET and .NET Standard versions. But, this is mainly because it is very important for Aspose.Words to ensure rendering fidelity on different platforms (Windows, Linux etc). Hope, this helps.

Thank you for the response. I’ve not used Skia/SkiaSharp before but everything I have found indicates it does not support TIFFs. Do you guys have something custom in the Aspose.Words API that handles writingTIFFs or is saving a Word Document in that format going to throw an Exception?

@mike.doerfler,

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your simplified input Word document (you are getting this problem with)
  • Please also create a standalone simple Console Application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your current problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words DLL files in it to reduce the file size.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your scenario and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.