Slide bullet point issue

Hi Aspose Slides Team,

We are converting sides to pdf, but her we are facing issue with bullet points while converting to pdf it’s starting from 2nd level of bullet point instead of 1st level.

We are using Rich Text editor (ckEditor) to provide input for bullet points, we absorbed couple of things
1. Working scenario
When texts are starting from initial position (left margin 0px/Plain text/Paragraph), bullet points are starting from correct level(1st level) in generated pdf.

2. Failure scenario:
we absorbed that if texts are starting from bullet points , in generated pdf bullet points are shifted/showing from 2nd level of bullet points.

What must be done to correct this? We are at the last stages of the release and your immediate attention is needed to this matter.

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please try using following sample code to understand the implementation of hanging punctuation. You can achieve the results by setting the Paragraph indentation and margin. I also request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.6.0 on your end as well as to visit this documentation link for your kind reference.

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

//Accessing first slide
ISlide slide = pres.Slides[0];
slide.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 0, 50, 500, 300);

//Accessing the first and second placeholder in the slide and typecasting it as AutoShape
ITextFrame tf = ((AutoShape)slide.Shapes[0]).TextFrame;

//Change the text in both placeholders
tf.Text = “Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose”;

//Getting the first paragraph of the placeholders
IParagraph para1 = tf.Paragraphs[0];
para1.ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Type = BulletType.Symbol;
para1.ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Char = Convert.ToChar(8226);

Paragraph para2 = new Paragraph();
para2.ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Type = BulletType.Symbol;

para2.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = TextAlignment.Center;
para2.Text = “Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose”;

para1.ParagraphFormat.MarginLeft = 50;
para2.ParagraphFormat.MarginLeft = 50;

para1.ParagraphFormat.Indent = -20;
para2.ParagraphFormat.Indent = -20;

para1.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = TextAlignment.Left;
para2.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = TextAlignment.Left;

tf.Paragraphs.Add(para2);

para1.ParagraphFormat.HangingPunctuation = NullableBool.True;
para2.ParagraphFormat.HangingPunctuation = NullableBool.True;

//Writing the presentation as a PPTX file
pres.Save(“d:\Aspose Data\MarginIndentAlign.pptx” , SaveFormat.Pptx);

I hope this will be helpful. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Best Regards,