Slide Exported as Image Is Different from the Slide Content

Hi Team,

Aspose Version: 20.1
Language: C#

Issue: Using the below code we are converting the slide into an image, but the exported image has different content present inside it as compared to the slide.

Code:

var presentation = new Presentation(dataPath + “sample.pptx”);
for (int i = 0; i < presentation.Slides.Count; i++)
{
var thumbnail = presentation.Slides[i].GetThumbnail(1, 1);
var outPath = dataPath + “sample_slide_” + (i + 1) + “.png”;
thumbnail.Save(outPath, ImageFormat.Png);
}

Can you share your thoughts?

sample.zip (59.1 KB)

~ Praveen

@pradubey,
Thank you for the issue description. I reproduced the error and received an incorrect result as well. I’ve logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-42567. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when it is fixed.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov

Is there an ETA for the resolution of this bug?

Meanwhile, is there a workaround that can be used?

~ Praveen

@pradubey,
The solution for the issue can be expected in the second quarter of 2022 or later. Unfortunately, I don’t see some workaround.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov,

It does not seem to be due to equations but might be due to editing history.

For example, if you make some changes to PPTX like bold the entire slide, undo it, and save it.

Now when you convert it works fine.

Can you please share feedback on this?

@pradubey,
Thank you for the additional information. We already know about this effect after investigating the problem. The current implementation uses substitution images from PPTX. Our developers are still working on the issue.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov

It’s been a long time, can you provide an update.
If there is a possibility, can we expedite it via the professional support we have?

Thanks

@pradubey,
As far as I can see, this problem is far from being solved. We apologize for any inconvenience. You may increase the priority of the issue by contacting Paid Support.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42567) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.11 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.