Slide from .ppt file converted with error- but after I save .ppt as .pptx- the same slide converted OK

Hi.

I’m using Aspose.Slides for .NET 3.5 on Mono 2.6.7 (LTS) and on some .ppt presentations (test.ppt attached) I see a strange problem related to in-presentation bitmaps size (slide_from_ppt.jpg attached) while vector graphics (shapes, text) is ok.

After I save .ppt file as .pptx in PowerPoint (test.pptx attached) - problem gone (slide_from_pptx.jpg attached). But in my project it’s necessary to convert both .ppt and .pptx files without “Save As…” .ppt to .pptx

As far as I know from examples that comes with Aspose.Slides library, .pptx files are processed with PresentationEx class, while .ppt files are processed with Presentation class.
Could you please explain this strange difference in .ppt and .pptx conversion to .jpg ? (see files attached)

Thanks a lot for any help!

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that I have verified your presentations using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.3.0 and the generated thumbnail is perfectly fine. However, I don't have Mono environment at the moment and request some time to set that up. I will share the further information with you ASAP. Meanwhile, I suggest you to please use Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.3.0 as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks a lot for your efforts in reproduce the issue on AsposeSlides 5.3.0 for .NET !
Yes, on .NET 3.5 it works pretty fine.
On Mono 2.6.7 under Windows it works fine too.

But on Mono 2.6.7 under Mac OS X the issue reproduced each time I try to convert .ppt file, but not reproduced for .pptx file with the same content.

The C# code on Windows (works fine) and Mac (issue reproduced) is the same.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your feedback. An issue with ID 29393 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue of improper thumbnail generated in Mono 2.6.7 under Mac environment. Our development team will investigate the issue further and we will share the feedback with you once the issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,
any news/updates on issue 29393 ?

Best Regards,
Alex.

Hi Alex,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and discussed with our development team for the status of the issue. I really feel sorry to share that owing to very tight scheduling of for already logged priority support issues the issue will be roughly resolved by end of December, 2011. We will really appreciate your cooperation in terms of patience till the issue gets resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-29393) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.