Slide.GetThumbnail() renders images with grey border

Hello Aspose-Team,

the method Slide.GetThumbnail() renders images with a grey border on the top and the left side. I’m using version 15.11. I tried it with different presentations but the border appeared everytime. The attached file shows the bug.

Regards,
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I am unable to find the attached file. Only the generated output image is attached. I request you to please share with us the input file and the sample code to reproduce the issue so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

thank you for the quick response. Here is a small test-project with the code and input-file i used!

Regards,
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I am unable to reproduce the issue on my end. I have attached the generated output for your kind reference (see input_Slide-1.jpg). I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.1.0 and following sample code on your side to serve the purpose and then share your kind feedback with us.

Presentation pres = new Presentation(@“D:\input.pptx”);
if (pres.Slides != null && pres.Slides.Any())
{
int pageNumber = 0;
//foreach (ISlide slide in pres.Slides)
ISlide slide = pres.Slides[0];
{
pageNumber++;
Bitmap bmp = slide.GetThumbnail(1f, 1f);
bmp.Save(@“D:\input_Slide-” + pageNumber + “.jpg”, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);
}
}

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be glad to help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

I updated to Version 16.1 and i testet it again. I discovered that the bug just appeares with smaller image sizes.
Try using one of the following:
slide.GetThumbnail(0.2f, 0.2f)
slide.GetThumbnail(new Size(192, 108))
slide.GetThumbnail() //without parameters
I hope you can reproduce the bug with this!
For the moment i will render the images bigger and scale them to the size i need. But that means a disadvantage in performance.

Best Regards,
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

I have observed your comments and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37183 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37183) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.