SlideEx GetThumbnail() renders different than Slide GetThumbnail()

Hi Roj,

I have been able to verify the problem specified by you and it seems to be an issue with our product, when PPTX slides thumbnails rendering is done. As I mentioned earlier, that we launched thumbnails rendering feature in PPTX on repeated users demand and also to get the users feedback. We are in process of continual improvement and will try our level best to resolve issues specified by you. An issue with Issue ID 14471 has been created on our Issue Tracking System to fix the problem. This thread has been associated with this issue, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Mudassir,

Even if the thumbnail is badly rendered. This should NOT affect the quality of the downloaded presentations - correct?

I have client demo today in 3 hrs. Client will ask me when will Aspose be able to solve this issue?

1 day, few days, 1 weeks or few weeks? Please give me some home that this can be resolved within a week.

Roj Prasad

HI Roj,

I have discussed your issues of slide rendering with our development team.

As far as text rendering issues are concerned, we can try hard to resolve them by fortnight and yet I cannot make any promises here and I feel extremely sorry for that.

As far as Incorrect rendering of filled shapes is concerned, it is not a bug. Double and triple overlapped fill styles applied to a single shape used in these themes are not implemented yet in Aspose.Slides. I don’t think that such complicated effects can be implemented in the nearest months because PP2007 has hundreds of different fill styles. For a comparison PP2005 has only about 10 simple effects and they can’t be overlapped.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello Mudassir,

1) When rendering slide to thumbnail and slide image - Is the PPTX TEXT rendering quality on a slide resolved?
2) How about the thumbnail and Image rendering quality - are these resolved too?
3) Do we need to update our Aspose license to test these updated solutions? We are currently using 4.1.0.0
Please help.

Hi Roj,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I have discussed your specified issue with our development team. Actually, in your presentations the background image contains image transforms. Regretfully, the Image transformations on rendering for PPTX are not supported in Aspose.Slides for .NET currently. As soon as I get some more feedback on your issue from my development team, I will instantly share with you.

Now, I would like share my comments on your query about using latest versions of Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please remember that if the product version that you are going to use is released after the expiry date of your license subscription, then unfortunately you cannot use that version and need to renew your subscription for that. However, if the product version that is to be used has release date well within your license subscription expiry date, you may use that version.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,