Slides for .Net exception- message is "Not a Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 presentation"

The attached PowerPoint file consistently causes the following exception when calling the PresentationEx constructor, e.g.:
Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx pres = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(docPath);

"Not a Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 presentation."
at nh..ctor(Stream A_0)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx..ctor(String file)

Hi Shane,

I have observed the presentation shared by you and exception is raised while accessing it. But when I re-saved the presentation file then I successfully accessed the presentation file with no exception. Can you please share that by using which tool the presentation was generated as it will be really helpful in identifying and resolving the issue.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I’m getting the same message with the file attached. Please can you advise? I’ll double check with the client on the version of Powerpoint used to create this.

I have a feeling this issue is related to the newly released Powerpoint 2010. My file uploader was suddenly rejecting uploaded PPTX file due to a mismatched MIME type even though other PPTX files worked fine…

Awaiting an update - resaving is not an option for us.

Regards,

Stefan

Client just confirmed that the file was created in Office 2007 on a Windows 7 machine

Hi Stefan,

I have been able to reproduce the issue specified with the recently shared presentation file as well and it seems to be an inconsistency in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID 17743 has been created in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

is there an update on this issue? Having problems with the conversion of PPTX files is a real showstopper for us…

Thanks

Stefan

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17743) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Please could you let me know where I can download the .dll file rather than the msi installer?

Thanks

Stefan

Dear Stefan,

I feel that I have already shared the download link in my previous post. Please download Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.3.0 from this link.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

I dont think that the proposed resolution to open PPTX & save again is expected solution when the PPTX is itself has been generated from ASPOSE.SLIDE.

We have 2 different issues in ASPOSE.SLIDE which has lead us to think over to use the ASPOSE.SLIDE.

1. Successfully saving the generated PPTX.

2.Opening same PPTX again.

Please let us know where is the latest version for same.

Regards,

Amit

Dear Amit,

I feel that you may be referring to the work around method of re-saving the presentation if it fails to open with Aspose.Slides for .NET during initial access. Actually, this was only observation that was shared with the customer. Aspose.Slides for .NET is capable of addressing both of issues raised by you. The issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.3.0, which is available for download from here. Please share your feedback and problematic presentation with us, if you still feel any problem.

Thanks and Regards,