Slides has issues converting PPTX with Org chart shapes in it

The lines connecting various levels are no converted correctly. When I convert to a jpg.

Hi Kurt,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have generated the thumbnail using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.3.0. I have not been able to observe any issue on my end. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated thumbnail. Please try using the specified version on your end.

Many Thanks,

I am using the Java version. Your image looks fine. Mine does not, the grey lines connecting the boxes are not drawn correctly.

Hi Kurt,

I have worked with your presentation using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 and have not been able to observe the issue. For your kind reference, the generated image is attached. Please try using the specified version on your end.

Many Thanks,

That certainly looks better.

I tried your suggestion, however I ran into a problem that I often have with Aspose software. That is, the new version is not compatible with the old one. So now I will have to figure out what the new interface is and re-write my code to avoid the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/aspose/slides/pptx/PresentationEx

Where can I find documentation on the new interface? There’s javadoc included with the package, but it’s just a listing of every class included. I see that not only was the location of PresentationEx changed, but it is now deprecated. What should I use in its place?

What sort of guidelines do you follow for changing your public interfaces?

Thanks,

Kurt

Another problem. Although the newer version of Slides appears to handle the org chart lines better than the old one, it fails regression tests on other ppt files. It appears to drop background images and other quality problems.

I will include some samples later, but I’m sorry to report that so far the cure appears worse than the disease.

Hi Kurt,

Please visit this documentation link for your convenience to move from old legacy version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.x to Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 and onward versions.

We are sorry for regression issues incurring on your end. Actually, Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 and onward have been developed by auto porting from Aspose.Slides for .NET and the later versions are not actually dependent on old predecessor versions. Please share the presentation files with us along with generated out put from new version and old versions. Please also specify the old version as well with which you have not been able to observe the issues.

Many Thanks,