Slides Version 8.2 Download

Slides for .Net

So from what I gather after version 8.2 was when the major change was that eliminated such things as GetCell, CloneSlide, GetSlideByPosition, FindShape, etc.

There does not seem to be a way to download 8.2 or earlier. No download buttons.

I am trying to move up from version 5.6 and do not have time to research all these changes to go to the most recent version. So I need to see if 8.2 will fix my problem. Can you direct me to where I can get it?

Do you have any docs that explain something like you were using this CloneSlide now use this AddClone? Would sure be helpful.

Thanks

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to us. I have observed your requirements and like to share that at present we offer Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.2.0 which is latest API that provide single namespace for dealing with both PPT and PPTX presentation formats as against legacy 8.x.x series API of Aspose.Slides for .NET which has been phased out. The new API is much improved and rich in features as compare to legacy API. The missing methods that you have shared actually belong PPT namespace of to legacy API. Since things are merged for PPT and PPTX in new API so these things exist but are dealt differently. Like instead of GetCell() method one can simply use Table[col,row] to get the desired cell. Instead CloneSlide method used for PPT in legacy API a much easier approach has been shared for presentation slides cloning in new API. In new API, all the slides are available in presentation slides collection in order so there is no need to get slide by position. The index is it self the position. Like in order to get the second slide in presentation you can use Presentation.Slides[1]. You can still find the shape in new API by visiting this documentation link.

I hope the shared information will be helpful to you. Unfortunately, the legacy API has been phased out and I recommend you to please try using the latest API on your end to serve the purpose.

Many Thanks,

So if you insist on locking people out of updating legacy code could you at least provide a document that shows a cross reference between some of api changes versus legacy apps. It’s bad enough having to correct 200 errors but also having to spend time digging through the forums and programming docs to ferret out how to fix those errors is even more time consuming.

Hi Nick,

I have observed your requirement and like to suggest you to please visit this documentation link for your kind reference. I will really appreciate if you make some efforts to port the code from legacy to new API. If there is still an issue then please share the sample project with needing changes and I will port that for you from legacy to new API in my spare time.

Many Thanks,