We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

SlideSize.Size marked as obsolete

Hi, using your new 17.2 Release we observed that you marked SlideSize.Size as Obsolete after 2017-04-10. I think you rather deprecate only the Setter, not the whole Property, because how would we read the Size otherwise?

Can you confirm that the Size {get} Property will stay or inform us how to retrieve the Size otherwise?
Thank you…
Matthias

Hi,

I have observed your comments and discussed this with our product team. I like to inform that Size{get} property will not be removed and will stay with you, Only Setter of property will be removed after 2017.04.10. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Best Regards,

Thank you, that’s reassurring.
You can close this issue.
Regards…

But the getter is being marked as obsolete still in the latest build.:

'ISlideSize.Size' is obsolete: 'Use SetSize method instead with necessary parameter value of SlideSizeScaleType.

This warning is returned from the following code:
var w = doc.SlideSize.Size.Width;

Is this a bug in the latest build?

Hi,

I have observed your comments and like to share that this is not an issue in Aspose.Slides. SlidesSize.Size has been marked obsolete for writing only but for reading it will continue. We shall update the API reference guide to make it more clear a well. Please try using following alternate sample code to set the slide size.

Presentation pres = new Presentation();
pres.SlideSize.SetSize(SlideSizeType.A4Paper, SlideSizeScaleType.EnsureFit);
pres.SlideSize.SetSize(720, 540, SlideSizeScaleType.EnsureFit);

Many Thanks,
Yes, but the compiler is returning a warning when using for reading ... not just writing. This has nothing to do with SetSize ...

Are you saying that you expect this to work with no warning (since it is using the getter):
var w = doc.SlideSize.Size.Width;

Hi Matthias,

We are working on improving API docs to mention explicitly that set properties for slide Height and Width shall only be marked as obsolete. Where as the get properties will still continue to work.

Many Thanks,

I am sorry but I dont understand. This is not a documentation issue. There is a compiler warning being generated, but I do not believe the warning is valid.

Can you confirm that I should simply ignore the warning, and that you will fix the warning in a future update?
thx

Hi Matthias,

I have observed your requirements and have added an issue with ID SLIDESNET-39006 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,