We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Slow conversion to PDF

I have a 24mb client spreadsheet that contains lots of Hebrew characters and a large pivot table.

Exporting this document to PDF with Aspose.Cells takes roughly 8-9 mins and results in a 90Mb PDF file.

The code is just:

var sheet = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(@“G:\file.xlsx”);
sheet.Save(“C:/Temp/Converted.pdf”, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

I’ve tried tweaking the SaveOptions by passing in a PdfSaveOptions object, but none of the properties seemed to make a significant difference in the timing.

Exporting this document to a PDF in Excel took roughly as long or longer as well, so I’m curious if there is something about this document that is causing these issues or is it just the shear amount of data? Is there anything I can do to speed up the export within Aspose.Cells?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found slow conversion while rendering an XLSX file (28.5MB) to PDF format. Even I tried to use MemoryPreference option but to no avail, it takes more time as you mentioned:
e.g
Sample code:

//Specify the LoadOptions
LoadOptions opt = new LoadOptions();
//Set the memory preferences
opt.MemorySetting = MemorySetting.MemoryPreference;

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“e:\test2\RestaurantsKPIs 2.xlsx”, opt);
wb.Save(“e:\test2\out1.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44110” for your issue. Our concerned developer from product team will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thanks!

I should mention that I obscured some of the data with RAND() data, but the issue was present even with the actual data in the sheet.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your findings.

Please spare us little time (2-5 days etc.) to thoroughly investigate your issue by evaluating your big template file. Hopefully, we could figure it out soon.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue “CELLSNET-44110” further.
Well, we think it is reasonable for converting a total 1,7997 pages file. It is about 30ms time cost for a page (9601000ms/17997).

Thank you.