Slow printing a docx document to a network printer

We are trying to use Aspose.Words for .NET 13.1 to print a docx document to a network printer.

We have used the following test code:

var license = new License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Words.lic”);

var document = new Document(“c:\temp\test.docx”);
document.Print(@"\MyPrintServer\PRN011");

It is taking 35 minutes to print a simple 7 line document.

We have tried using other print components and printing takes less that 10 seconds, why is this taking so long?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document (test.docx) here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Thanks the file is attached.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words 13.1, I was unable to reproduce this delay during printing your document to files through different virtual printers (Unfortunately, at the moment, a physical printer is not available on my side). But, could you please also provide us with some more information e.g. 1) The information about the operating system (version, 32bit or 64bit), 2) are you printing through a service or ASP.NET application? and 3) the version of .NET Framework etc. Moreover, I would suggest you to please consider reading the following article on printing documents via XpsPrint API:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Print+a+Document+on+a+Server+via+the+XpsPrint+API

Best regards,

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the additional information.

It's good to hear that the printing speed has improved when using XpsPrint API and the new version of Aspose.Words. I just re-tested on my side by creating a new .Net 4.5 application and the printing speed was very fast with the new version of Aspose.Words.

Could you please try creating a new project from scratch, referencing Aspose.Words for .NET 13.1.0, printing a few more documents and seeing how long that takes? In case you have any other network printer available on your side could you please also test your scenario on it and see if the speed is better there?

Moreover, please note that Aspose.Words' Print method uses System.Drawing and standard .NET printing classes behind the scene i.e. Aspose.Words supports printing to the printing framework available with the .NET platform. Therefore, you may also want to check the printing speed by printing directly in .NET without using Aspose.Words.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Many thanks,