Small problem with graphic in header of merge template (doc -vs- docx)

Hello,

I have a little Word template that I’m using in for mail merge. The original, a doc file, works perfectly, especially with regard to the graphic logo file in the header.

I then save the file as docx, and run it through the merge process. In the case of the docx version, the graphic doesn’t appear.

Is something wrong in with the way graphics are handled in headers for docx files in Words?

I’m doing a very simple merge – straight out of the box – so I won’t include code unless you need it.

Thanks so much for taking a look at this.

Mike

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. It seems to be a known issue #6011 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Thank you, Alexey.

Hi Alexey,

Any news on this? It does not appear that this made it into 5.3. Thanks for an update.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately this issue is still unresolved. Only inline DrawingML is supported in the current version of Aspose.Words. So as workaround you can try using inline images instead floating.
Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that we released new version of Aspose.Words. This version includes fix of issue you found earlier (issue # 6011). Aspose.Words 6.0 supports the full set of DrawingML used by Microsoft Word 2007. You can download new version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards.