Support of SmartArt in Aspose.Words using Java

Is there any update on the SmartArt bug being fixed?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response.

I have verified the status of this issue (WORDSNET-5437) from our issue tracking system and regret to share that this issue is still unresolved. Currently it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. The fix of this problem actually requires us to implement a new feature. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as it’s supported.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Any updates on this by chance? Our team has been working to replace a different word utility with Aspose.Words, and this is a slight issue for us since the old component was able to handle SmartArt but Aspose.Words cannot. I figured this was still in the queue, but felt it was worth asking anyway.

Thanks,

Matt

Also, I noticed this post was tagged with Java, but I wanted to confirm that the lack of SmartArt support also applies to the .NET component as well?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your inquiry. Working with SmartArt objects programmatically is a big and complex feature. Currently, the priority of the support of this feature is lowered because there are not many customers, who is interested in this feature. We will probably wait for more requests from the customers. Our development team has decided to postpone this issue for now. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as it’s supported. Moreover, yes, the support of this feature would also be integrated in .Net component. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

We too need SmartArt support for both rendering and printing. This is a rather big issue for us.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your request. I have intimated the development team of your concern. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is supported.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Are there any updates regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Bojan

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. The fix to this issue is postponed till a later date and we cannot push it into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi all,

Just to let you know that Aspose.Words 11.11.0 and above contains partial support for rendering SmartArt. This partial support pertains to only rendering SmartArt which has been “pre-rendered” in Microsoft Word. For further details see: Public API Changes in Aspose.Words 11.11.0

Please try it out and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hi,

can you help me how I can use your API for SmartArt, and best way for Visitor pattern?

Thanks,
Bojan

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Being able to create new DrawingML objects such as SmartArt or Charts is planned and I am afraid you currently cannot retrieve the text content of a DrawingML SmartArt object either. We will inform you as soon as programmatically working with SmartArt objects is made possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

in your api changes you wrote that you support a smart art in documents which is created with MS Word 2010 but I try to get the text from the document in attachment and text from smart art is not extrated.

Here is the code:

Document document = new Document(path);
NodeCollection runs = document.getChildNodes(NodeType.RUN, false);
for (Run run: runs)
{
    System.out.println(run.getText());
}

Am I wrong somewhere in code or what is problem please?

Many thanks,
Bojan

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your inquiry. The SmartArt graphic in your document is represented by a DrawingML node. Unfortunately, you currently cannot retrieve the text content of a DrawingML (SmartArt) object. Working with SmartArt objects programmatically (such as extracting Smart Art’s text) is on it’s own a big and complex feature. Your request has already been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-5437) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

is there any update on support for retrieving text from DrawingML node?

Kind regards,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

Unfortunately, there are no further updates about WORDSNET-5437. The implementation of this issue is still postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Hi,

Is there any update on support for retrieving text from DrawingML node?

Kind regards,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no further news about this issue. The implementation of this issue has been postponed for now. However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot currently promise a resolution date. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

A post was split to a new topic: Retrieving Replacing text of SmartArt objects in Word document

A post was split to a new topic: Extract and replace text in SmartArt objects