Smart Art text content

Is there a way to obtain smart art object text content?
Inside document it is represented with DrawingML object, but I did not manage to find how to obtain text content .
All methods with String result would return empty strings:

drawingML.getAlternativeText();
drawingML.getTarget();
drawingML.getText();

Thank you

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The SmartArt graphic in the document is represented by a DrawingML node. Unfortunately, you currently cannot retrieve the text content of a DrawingML (SmartArt) object. Working with SmartArt objects programmatically (such as extracting Smart Art’s text) is on it’s own a big and complex feature. Your request has already been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-5437) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I would bet that extracting text from smartArt is not a tough task, on the other hand, entire processing of such kind of node is really a complex feature. Why? - I have extracted it manually from xml, before started using your library.
Any estimation on how soon this feature would be implemented? Also Just wondering - you have pointed out to WORDSNET-5437 - which assumes .Net library tickets. I am not sure about your workflow, but I am using Java version of Aspose.Words, is development in progress for Java?
Thank you

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. This feature has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

Regarding WORDSNET-5437 ticket, please note that the Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. So there should not be any significant difference in functionalities between Java and .NET versions because the code is mostly the same.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

Hi, is this currently possible? If so, can you provide a sample of how to extract text from SmartArt?
Thank you!

@DeliaZgz No, unfortunately, there is still no way to work with SmartArt objects programmatically. Implementation of this feature has been postponed and is not yet scheduled for development.

@alexey.noskov Hi! Do you have any update on this? Is this feature still unsupported? I’m asking because I would also like to work with SmartArt objects, retrieve their textual fields, etc.

@tamas.boldizsar Unfortunately, there are still no public API available in Aspose.Words to work with SmartArt. This feature implementation has been postponed and is not yet scheduled for development.