Smart Markers across sheets

Is it possible to use dynamic formulas across sheets? I see in the documentaion (http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/aspose-cells-template-and-smart-markers.html ) where you can do it across a row. I want to have a data entry sheet (initially populated by a dataset) with cells on other sheets pointing to the data entry sheet so that when the data entry sheet is updated, all the appropriate cells are updated (as tehy have excel references in them )

Make sense?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am not very clear about your need. Could you elaborate and give us more details. If possible, you may create a sample test template file (with data entry and markered sheets) and post it here to demonstrate for your requirement, We will check it if we can fullfill your need.

Thank you.

Hi

Thanks for tthe quick reply!

Here is a sample of what I am trying to do. The green field on the DataEntry sheet is initially populated with a dataset field. After the spreadsheet is generated the user can update this number and it should be updated in the red cells in the "report" worksheet that are red

I have put in comments in the these cells to try to clarify the explanation.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the template sample file with further details.

We will check and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Which version do you use?

If your data is a simple Variable, it will work fine.

In the current Net version, we do not update formulas in other worksheet if we insert rows. We will look into this issue.

Warren-

Thanks. What I am seeing is that the value from the dataset is being put in the "data entry field" as expected but the field that has the Excel formula also get that value and the formula (ex: =C6) is replaced with the static value from the dataset.

Hi,

Which version do you use?

Could you post your created file ? We do not process the cell which contains a formula in processing smart markers.

Warren-

Here are the filee. I can't even get it to generate now. It throws an error message. I've included that in the zip file too.

Thanks.

Chris

Did that show you what I was trying to do?

Thanks

Hi,

Are you using Aspose.Cells for Report.Services?

Hi. Yes Thanks.

Hi Zosonc,
Please try the fix.
There is a limit on using excel formula in excel template file,the position of Cells refered by formula can not be changed in the process of rendering template file,otherwise it may result in wrong calculations.

Usage of excel formulas:
Directly edit formulas as you do it in normal excel file and do not add “&=” or “&=&=” as the prefix of formulas, for example, in your excel template file,you can input “=DataEntry!$C$6” as the formula of the cell[D18] in the sheet of “Report”.

If the problem persists, please post your rdl file and resultant report excel file.

Thank you.

I actually just figured out a workaround for the problem I was having. What I did was put in an Excel Sum formula to the one cell I wanted to to copy over. It then updates the field in the report output when I update the field on the data entry tab

Thanks for all you help with this.