Smart Markers

Hi

I’m evaluating your product and for test purpose i’m trying to convert existing report generation using Aspose.Cell.
The smart markers functionality looks promising however i couldn’t figure out how to generate the designer file. Attached is a sample report of how the output should look like with a sample data structure.

Hi Ladia,

Thank you for considering Aspose products, and welcome to Aspose.Cells support forum.

In order to use Smart Markers in your application, first step is to read about Smart Markers and Designer Spreadsheets in details. Please check the following articles for your kind reference.

1. http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Smart+Markers
  2. http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/What+is+a+Designer+Spreadsheet

As an overview, designer spreadsheets are ordinary Excel files containing short codes by the name of smart markers. These markers tell the spreadsheet how to fill the data in the resultant report when designer spreadsheets are further processed against specific data source. You can create a designer spreadsheet manually using the MS Excel application or dynamically using the Aspose.Cells APIs. Regardless of what approach you choose to build the designer spreadsheet, it will be done only once per report template.

Please check the above links, and give the smart markers a try on your end. Please feel free to write back in case you need our further assistance.

Hi Babar

Thank you for the response and the guide link. I’ve looked into the smart marker guide but some knowledge is still missing:

- add extra new row after each row data

- create sub total and totals

It would be very helpful if you could help me create the designer file for the file I’ve attached in my first post. I then could study it and reduce the time needed for evaluation (since I need to hurry following up with the project).

Hi Ladia,

Sure, please spare me little time to prepare a designer, and process it with some data for elaboration purposes. I will shortly respond back with required details.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Ladia,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We need to investigate if your output file could be generated using Smart Markers. We will evaluate your issue and provide you a Smart Marker designer file if possible.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. Once, there is some update or any other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42611.

Hi

Is there any update regarding this?

Hi Ladia,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comments in our database against this issue and requested the development team to provide some update or Smart Marker Designer file which could achieve your desired output file. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please try the attached file and the following code:

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@“D:\Filetemp\testreport2.xlsx”);

WorkbookDesigner designer = new WorkbookDesigner(workbook);

DataTable dt = workbook.Worksheets[1].Cells.ExportDataTable(0, 0, workbook.Worksheets[1].Cells.MaxRow + 1, workbook.Worksheets[1].Cells.MaxColumn + 1, true);

dt.TableName = “Roport”;

designer.SetDataSource(dt);

designer.Process();

designer.Workbook.Save(@“D:\Filetemp\dest.xlsx”);

We could not support the subtotal in different rows now.