SmartArt Tool - where is the name?

I created a SmartArt shape, and changed its name to “ThisShape”. (When I click on the shape in excel, the “Named Range” box – for lack of a better term – shows the name “ThisShape”.) So is that the name of the shape or not?

Aspose.Cells gives me a shape name of “AutoShape 1”. In fact, I don’t even see where there is any property on the shape named “ThisShape”.

If the name really is “AutoShape 1” where can a user change that? I thought I had changed it to “ThisShape”, but something isn’t working like that.

Hi,

Please use Shape.Name property to get/set the name.

If you still find the issue, kindly give us your template file and sample code to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Also, please try the latest fixed version: v7.0.3.3.

Thank you.

Hello,

Can you actually read my post before replying?

I have named the shape “ThisShape”, but Aspose says the Shape.Name is “AutoShape 1”.

Why?

Hi,

I have tested your case a bit with a word art shape, I loaded the file with Aspose.Cells v7.0.3.3 (please try it), and get the Shape.Name, it works fine to get the custom name that I assigned manually in MS Excel. So, kindly give us your sample code with template file to show the issue, we will log the issue if we found it.

Thank you.

See the attached XLSX file.

Expected: Name is "ThisIsAShape"
Actual: Name is “AutoShape 1”

Hi,

I can find the issue as you have mentioned by using your template file and code like:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\BookArrow.xlsx”);
//Get the first default sheet
Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
//Add Watermark
Aspose.Cells.Drawing.Shape wordart = sheet.Shapes[0];

MessageBox.Show(wordart.Name); //Invalid / Default name

Expected: Name is “ThisIsAShape”
Actual: Name is "AutoShape 1"

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40153. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.