SmtpClient.Send() - This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem

Hi, we are using Aspose.EMail version 4.1.0.0

When sending an email (var x = new Aspose.Email.Mail.SmtpClient(); x.Send(mailmessage); ) with one or more large attachments after some time i get the message “This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose ‘Switch To’ to activate the busy program and correct the problem”.

This appears to be a Windows message implicing that 2 processes require the same resource but it is not released by one of the processes.

Please, could you try to to reproduce the problem? It occurs at our clients so we are in big need to solve this soon.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance.

Jan.

Hi Jan,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I have tested the scenario by using Gmail account and sent a mail with attachment of size 20 MB, which was sent successfully. Another mail having attachment size 50 MB is also sent but there I got error which says that attachment size is more than the allocated quota on Gmail server which is an expected error. I am afraid that I could not observe the issue identified by you here.

Could you please share, what is the maximum size of attachments for which you are getting exception? Also please try the scenario using latest version Aspose.Email for .NET 4.4.0 and let us know the feedback.

Hi, thanks for your support.

Please, could you also try to run your test on a slow computer? Those are the ones that produce the problems.

Thanks in advance,
Jan.

Hi Jan,

I am afraid that I have already tested it on one of my slowest test machine, so I may not be able to further test it here. However for further analysis, could you please share the specifications of your machine as it will be helpful for us to provide assistance?